Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Suite-ness!!" (Part Dos)

American Airlines Arena....one of our homes!


Alright...here we go...simply the final part of a special series in which we highlight some unique happenings over the last few days...Today we'll call this final act..."Suite-ness!!"


Ok, we go back to Thursday night (March 29th)...and as usually we gonna bring u up close into our Galaxia, for real....

Man, this is gonna be a unique night...one of my guys hooked me up wit some tickets to the Mavericks/Heat game...I knew it was going to be wild, just because of the Mavs beating the Heat in last year's Finals.  I still have so many memories from that final Game 6 down here in Miami.  I was working on that night, and to have ALL these folks from Dallas in town, guys...Texas Cowgirls...it was crazy.  Then our beloved Heat couldn't pull it off, which meant a celebration in our stadium and in our town over here in Miami Beach, just crazy.  All this noise, dude!  After some time, I decided to walk around some and see the celebration...so I walk around past the locker room and see all these cameras and people, and champagne poppin'...then continue around to hear Jason Terry on the microphone at the press conference under the arena, I wanted to either throw up, or run up in their and bomb him with a box of Bisquick!! ....so those memories are still fresh, although I still like Dirk and J Kidd, no matter who I work for, they still my guys!!

So the good Lord chose, my guy Big Carlos (throughout this story will be called Big C), to be the one who's gonna share in this fun night....so he lives in the "Wild 100's" over on tha "South-Side!!!" (Said in my gangsta's voice!) of town...and man...I have never, EVER ran into so much traffic as I did on that day!  It was the pulse of the evening, but we've driven in that before...but Dolphin expressway, whooo wee!! Booty to Booty traffic, with no where to go...after trying to calm down and not cuss myself out, I got off on Lejeune Road exit and then I thought I'll hit them with my secret "a la escape" move, and make a right on Calle Ocho going south or is that west??..."Not!!" Man, I thought I was gonna lose my mind and that was so real.  I truly had to perform some Zen, I shoulda broke out a butterfly pose right there on tha highway.  That woulda been some good Sun-Sentinel material.  After another long breathe and stop action, I decided to do my best Need For Speed imitation and dip out on another side street...taking crazy curves, and coasting pass yield signs willing to take a head-on bang....running a little behind schedule, cuz of tha traffic...I finally pull up to Big C's spot, almost tore up tha ride, while banging over this speed bump, on everything I felt like, "E.T. flying pass tha moon"!!  Scoop Jackson'd him up, and the night was now on!

We riding through the city, bumping Jigga's Black Album...traffic was calm, and I asked him to keep a cat-eye on the 5-0!  He said, he thought I'll be "fine"....and that was soon followed by a mid-sentenced, "There's a cop"...Screeeech!!! I felt as I drop down a few mph's...we on US-1, and there's heavy traffic, I think cuz the Sony Ericsson tennis Tourney going on in Key Biscayne (All my peeps out of it...R-Fed, Raphy Nadal, Williams Girls, uggh!), so I ask the Big C, what's the best way to the Triple A, traffic wise.  He says through Brickell Ave., so Brickell it is then...I'm banging that Busta Bus as I'm writing this...as we get closer, I tell him about one of our secret romantic spots back over by Brickell Key and behind The Four Seasons Hotel...dag, now it's not secret anymore huh! But truss me, it's tha real deal and u'll "score" like Ronaldo!  (Wink, Wink!)

We trying to decide where to park...I could use my parking pass underneath the arena, but I ain't on tha clock so, I don't wanna lose my hook-up...we pass by Bayfront Park, looking for public parking, and decide to make a left, and we find this guy signaling in to go and park...In my hood shout, "How Much??"  He replies, "Just pull in and they tell u."  Whatever, it's getting close to game time...make a right, and pull forward and this curvaceous 'veteran' mamacita is handling the money.  I ask, "How much?" She says, "$25"...and then....

Next thing I know, I'm getting fondled by this woman!! U can ask Big C, I promise u, I'm telling u tha truth!  I don't wear t-shirts or heavy dress shirts when I travel for a little timepiece of clock, so I'm in total "beach kid" mode, rocking just my tank top.  Man, this woman then grabs my left arm, like my entire biceps and triceps area on my upper arm.  And she grabs me like a kid in a family of 12 trying to get some turkey at Thanksgiving.  She says something, "Oh!!" Then pulls her hand back...and then grabs me again, like even harder...She had some hands on her...I didn't know what to do....I was half way turned on, and shoulda said, "Ok, now it's my turn to touch u", and u best believe I ain't going for no legs either!! Better believe that, especially as I was looking at those...I feel a grab to continue to tell tha story...soI will... We give up tha dineros, wit Big C hooking up a few as well...we park, and then repark as my guy is trying to make the cars park, sardine type in tha lot...we get out tha car...as we walk, Big C is like, "there goes ur girl"...probably shoulda said something else, but dude, we got a game to check out.  This is turning into another classic night.

We walking to the arena...kind of chilly for the evening.  The crowd was getting together, and I notice a large crowd outside the arena, which is surprising cuz tha game starts in like 25 minutes.  We scramble through...and head over to tha north side of the arena (my second home) to pick up tha tickets inside at the Premium Will Call window....says "What's up" to my CSC homeboy who working outside of Gate 3 (Dude, that's ur spot now playa!! Ain't nuthin' u can do now dude!!! Ha, ha!!)...Both of us go inside and I see Mz. Williams doin' her thang as ticket taker...I go over to the Will Call window...and pick up the tickets...now I really didn't know what to expect from our boy...I've been all over the arena....I recently used to have season tickets to all the Heat games...one location was Sect. 323, Row 22, Seat 16.  Which is the very last row in tha joint.  I had fun that year...the following season I had two Season Tickets in one of my all-time favorite spots, Sec. 407, Row 7, Seats 1 and 2, right on the aisle so I could dip out wit tha quickness...that year in "Uptown" (Real Heat fans know what that means) was a lotta fun, a WHOLE LOT!  There isn't a bad seat in the entire building (there's no such thing as 'nose bleed' in the Triple A, believe me on that!), and I clown anyway, so it's going to be a fun experience anyhow, so I open up the tix and eye see one word which stands out, which let's me know this is gonna be another memorable evening.....

"SUITE".

"This is gonna be fun!", was my reaction, as I give a ticket over to Big C...give a shout out to Carolyn who was working the phones over at tha gate, good 2 c u girl, been awhile!!!...We get scanned in...my guy, Keith is working tha back door, and is calling the elevator, which unusually takes a grip to come down to the "Event" level...Another large group of Dallas "Big Wigs" in the house.  Uggh!! ...I tell Big C to look at his ticket and tell him to look at the location of our tix, and how this is a possible "once in a lifetime" experience...he was looking, and it took him awhile to let it soak in, and then he smiled, really smiled...we got hooked up...BIG TIME.  Cuz usually those tickets are like gold, and for teams like the Lakers, Bulls and the Mavs, being the only time they in town and the rivalry...I pretty sure those tickets cost about $1,000 apiece. And that's all jokes aside! Thanks to my homie 4 looking out...

We get out of the elevator and begin to enter the Dewar's Clubhouse level...I've been up there before for banquets and stuff for tha Heat....we get our paper wristband to put around our wrist (I remember going to this club once and they stamped ur wrist, that was scary cuz u felt like u was getting tha 'mark' if u know what I mean!!)...get our stuff together and head to tha left to find our 'suite', we found it...got into our seats, which were in #11 and #12, and it was ON!!  Immediately, our waitress for tha night came by and checked our tickets, and then invited us inside to meet my guy who quickly was like, "Did not I say I gotcha!!" Got 2 give it up, he's tha man!!  We talk, and then head back "outside" into tha arena, and sit down.  While inside, our waitress asked if we wanted any drinks, she asked my age, how she said it, I thought she was borderline trying to get tha scoop on us...I ask her, "How old do I look?"  All this yaddie dah..."We'll take a water."  Later she came back by, and was pumping up some of their other liquid offerings...ended up with this Melon Lemonade, which was slammin!! I felt like I was in Palm Beach on a Summer evening!  Good stuff..

The view of the court was excellent...really good, nobody blocking ur viewpoint....very nice.  It felt so normal to be in their...weird, from a personal standpoint, not too much in awe, just...like get used to this.  We've been saying we're living "wealthy" from here on out...never know how God hooks u up!  And I have to say that, have 2...so Miss "K" comes by, and I ask her about the food, "We have to pay for tha food?"..."Oh, no, everything's included!"  Oh shoot, now do I go ghetto and start to pull the hot sauce out of my back pocket and start to slam like the Great Kobayashi at Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest?!!! Or do I stick my left pickie up and "proceed to tha edible row full of dishes??"...Shall I proceed, Yes indeed!!...Ha ha!  We get over there and they got rows of salad, fruit, chicken fingers, but the thang that had us hooked were these Steak and Chicken Quesadillas they had folded up, warm to tha touch...got me some, and boy o boy, mixed them with some BBQ Sauce, which I'm pretty sure was Newman's Own sauce...Slammin'!!

Just sit there eating, absorbing the night.  Big C and us were talking about tha game and about the suite, all throughout the evening...then as I got back up to get "seconds" I notice that there was a balcony outside the suite, which overlooks the water and Biscayne Blvd. and the bridge to South Beach...."We going outside at halftime!!"....Which we did, and man, what a view!  Both of us talked about how cool would it be to actually live inside of the arena.  "U live near the arena?"..."Now, I actually live inside the arena...would u like a tour?!!" U could do it, that would be awesome...

The game was great, dunks, crowd into it...this one doll pass by, like mixed hispanic and arabian, we almost went after her, as we shared a lengthy glance as she passed by, I told Big C, did u see that girl?  He said he did, and then he said, "With ur luck, wit tha tix and stuff, u probably can get her!!"  Probably....with luck pushed aside.  Huh...but just an awesome experience.  This kid , in the suite next door was mad silly, I get loud, "C'mon D Wade!"  "HEY REF, THAT'S A FOUL!!", he was cute and fun as he looked at us, just a night to remember...period.

We left...and had a good talk about the game, and Big C hit us with some knowledge about girls...he's moving up tha list, in those who have had some "experiences", and it's not just quantity, it's ALL about quantity.  Hugh Hef, look out!!...And that was that...

I thought about the whole thing, and just thought, "Thanks Lord."...We have a unique lifestyle and are able to experience so many things people could only dream about, and many of those dreams are our reality.  Very fortunate and blessed...and now from a personal standpoint, it's time to share...and we said once before....

We will.

Here are some pics from tha evening:


Outside Triple A...The Freedom Tower

Dewar's Clubhouse Sign
A Look Inside The Suite
Heat Bench...Let's Go Heat!!
The Heat Dancers getting loose!!
Love That 'Win Big' Sign!  That was a Give-a-way item for the game!
A waterview from the balcony outside onto Bicentennial Park.

Another shot with Biscayne Blvd. to the far left.
Tents from Cavalia show...and in far right tha bridge to my home, over in South Beach.

Us just chillin' outside and enjoying life!

Have fun on 2day..Period!!
Austino Galaxia.












No comments:

Post a Comment