Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Real or Fake?

The Louis Vee Bag.
This is another one of these let's just see where this goes type of diary entry on tonight.  Heat blowing out the Nets...listening to the Lakers game in Detroit via web radio, just chillin' and getting some rest on this evening.  We've really been up and at it as of recently...between jobs, working out, and thinking about skirts, and I'm not talking about no Donna Karan either...u just need a evening to get ur mind cleared.  Earlier I was riding in the ride with tha radio off.  Just nothing but tha road.  Peaceful stuff.  I like that every once in awhile.

View from A1A Bridge
I was kinda laughing today as I was coming home to the beach area.  On the A1A highway, there's a pretty big bridge that leads into the South Beach area, and onto one the main streets which is known as 5th Street.  So traffic was at a standstill while waiting for the upcoming stoplight.  So as I was taking the Alton Road exit to my left, I notice this white Ford Mustang, dropping his top in the middle of traffic.  I was like, "Aw naw!!!  This dude's out here stunning!! C'mon dude!"  What is stunning u may ask?  That's when u try to show out beyond who u are as a person or your financial means.  That could be anything from peeling rental car tags and plates off a vehicle and putting ur own on...stunning.  That could be hyping a girl up saying u'll do this, this and some of that for her, then going on the date, without a dime in ur pocket, then having her pay for it, yet u rocking the latest Coogi sweater...stunning material.

This particular incident stuck out because I used to see this so much while working at the beach up north off of Lake Michigan.  People would enter the park, and as soon as they would pass by us, they'll crank up the music, or like this character let drop top down.  It was if they had to make a Diva Las Vegas entrance!  So crazy bro!  Spring Break has hit the beach so we are now officially in "Swag de Artificial" season...now I'm no one for talking about having fun, cuz I encourage it as much as Flavor Flav at a Public Enemy concert!  But sometimes the get-ups I see during this visitation of Land De Los People Beautiful, can be just too much...then again, I used to do some stunning of ourself...should I embarrass myself tonight?  Why not...(huge breath)

I remember being in college.  Now I did have a little ego so to speak, but as I look back it was a little out of control, especially in terms of fashion.  I can recall many a days being spent alphabetizing my wardrobe by designer, then by color, then by short sleeves and long sleeves...it was abusive control,  or obsessive control or something.  So picking out what to wear to class was serious.  I used to wear sweats or something..u know those classes where u didn't see any potential love interest in the class...u be like, "man forget these folks, I'm gonna throw on these Mickey Mouse flannel pants with some Dumbo slippers and an Old Navy fleece and be like what!!"  But there were some classes where u saw a possible future contestant on The Newlywed Game, so u wanted to looked James Worthy of that person's cat eye (oooh...that's a good one, if u get it!)...now I'm not the only one, girls do it too, but I can remember on several occassions rockin' these thin-rimmed, purple tinted sunglasses...IN CLASS!!  I was the hood's version of Bono!  Except without the hair and leather jacket, humanitarian campaign...other than that I was him, and him was me.  The funny thing about it was we didn't think nothing of it while answering questions like, "microeconomics is the study of the tree in the amazon river, while macroeconomics is the study of Lake Tahoe in relation to Kermit The Frog."...or something like that....what was I thinking.

One of the silliest "teach u how to stunt ' moments in our life happened in high school.  I may have told this story before but it involved my very first cell phone...except it wasn't.  Back in tha day I hung out with some loco dudes, especially my teammates on the basketball team.  So one day, one of my teammates showed up to school talking on this cell phone.  Like having real conversations during passing period.  So I was like, "Bro, what's that?" He was like, "This is my cell phone."  Now u must remember this was a few years before mini-cell phones started to be given as gifts at baby showers.  I looked at it, I'm like, "That's fake...but where did u get that from?"

He then squealed out the location like dudes on The First 48 and told me he got if from the dollar store off the boulevard.  So I began to think, even though it's bogus as heck, that's tighter than a pair of Siamese twins...so I gotta cop one.  Right after school I immediately dipped like a girl going to a sidewalk sale in Miami's Design District, and got me one.  It was a plastic flip phone, that took a small battery and had the numbers and everything.  So the next day at school...ha ha!!...the next day, me, my guy and some other folks were walking around school talking to Casper while on these phones!!  Man, I hope ain't no future girlfriends is reading this right now! But the drop kicker of it all was that we were SERIOUS!  Be having deep conversations with either each other or no one.  See a cutie walk by and u spill out that, "I gotta call u back" line...or just silly stuff, "I can't over tonight I got homework...so what if this is my first time doing homework all year, I ain't comin'!!"  It was so much fun though, and so trendy...I guess this is what we did to act like ballers in the Midwest...can't believe I'm telling this stuff.

A Wild Night!
I guess that's why we all should be so slow to talk about other people or tha youngin's cuz if we'd be real, we all did some stuff so similar to what we laff it, and perhaps even worse!  Man, I got one more, heck, maybe I am a stunner!!!  One of my guys' friends came down here to South Florida, and Fort Lauderdale in particular.  So he said he had a "friend"...man, I hope the Lakers don't lose this game...he had a homegirl up there and said they were going out that night.  He asked if I wanted to come up to get my juke on.  I said sure...anytime somebody I know comes down within any radius of our crib, and let us know, we're down for going...so they were going to this discoteca up at the Hard Rock Cafe up north...Kobe just hit a shot at the buzzer to send it into overtime, wow!...so I drive up  north and I was in complete, I mean complete Club Kid get-up!  I had on White-rimmed glasses (no prescription) with white top, slacks, silliness really!  I was clean but in a LMFAO kind of way.  Payed my Andrew Jackson inside and was on my way to look for my guy.  I found him in the place, and I know he was looking at me like, "What in the Karl Lagerfeld do u got on?"  Think I told him just having a little fun.  But I was stunning that whole night.  Sipping on "spirits" that aren't really my you-u-ale, it was crazy maddness, dancing with different ladies...it was a real good time.  But the only time I can say I stunted down here in SoFla.

Enough stupidity from tha kid.  Don't know how I got on that but like we say u never know where tha diary may lead...so stay tuned!

Bye.
Austino Galaxia.

No comments:

Post a Comment