Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Ooooh...I'm Telling!!"

Dee from the classic show What's Happening!

Alright...not even gonna lie, we wasn't really going to write in our diary tonight, but sometimes you aren't in control of tha task at hand, so we'll just speak from our heart some on this evening.  May be random, but...oh well!

I'm a guy who likes to be challenged.  I think anyone who wants to be successful and/or has experienced what VH1 would deem as success, loves to be challenged.  I think that's starting to be carried over in every aspect of life.  And we are in the midst of a few right now.  But u know what, once u come out of them or pass ur SAT type tests, u feel so much stronger.  I've been forced to live by my own words.  So busy telling somebody else to keep their head up when chaos occurs, what about when it hits ur own front door?  Huh, it's sometimes easier than said to do.

The other day, I had the pleasure of talking to this slick cat about life and more specifically relationships within tha sexes.  Now, I know, I know, our "Love" theme was all throughout our diary last month.  True.  But that surely doesn't mean I'm gonna stop talking about it, especially when everyday something goes down with a girl.  EVERYDAY.

Some great chicken nuggets where shared in our conversation.  Honesty and Patience stick out especially.

My guy was discussing how being honest really does pay off.  We got to talking bout dating down here in Miami.  How a lot of guys think that flossing or showing a wad of mu-lah rouge is tha way to sneek up on a lil  sumthin', sumthin'.  Talking about how that just ain't true.  HOLD UP...WHAT A MINUTE....this is a very serious issue.  This may be for the fellas or whomever (guess there's only one other choice option, right!).  What's becoming an epidemic around not only Miami, but all around the world, yet not in tha galaxia, is how some of us guys are really messing up, and I don't like to use this phrase, but...messing up "the game".  There's too much spend...let's be real "tricking" of money on somebody that u don't even know.  Let me buy a bottle of Rozay and this is gonna be a sure sign to smell her rosay! I hope Pops ain't reading this now!..But somebody has to tell it like it is, so...but we've been out and spent, stupidily, and were like, that was just a Nikki Minaj waist of money.  I've already explain our view on buying things without knowing somebody, just to impress, but it's been going on, and I think we all (my hand is up!) been unknowingly programmed that certain material things automatically provide the ultimate afrodisiac.  When we all know that it's not, it's actually the candlelight dinner with candy bars of 100 Grand and Payday laying on the bed that are.  Duhhh!!  Oh, I hope somebody got that!

Then on the other side, some girls, not everybody, but some expect a lot of guys to not only flaunt their money on them or throw themselves at them cuz all the other guys in the past have.  So when they meet somebody who won't and still has their checkbook right, they don't know how to handle that one.  It may be more attractive and add to the mystery (which is always a winner!) or...it could lead to the "intimadation factor" and they miss out on something good.  I was talking to my guy about Calle Ocho coming up this weekend. Now I've never been, and kinda thinking about attending.  Music, food, dancing, and...so my guy was breaking down all the scenarios to be on the look out for.  Go in a group...go early...if you go with a girl, such and such...also, gave me a heads up on some girls wanting attention dressing proactively (it's ok to use it on ur face, just don't...ugggh!) trying to get drafted by the next George Steinbrenner, and believe me if I go, I'm gonna be more stingy than a vegan at a BBQ Cook Out!  We shall see...

Also, got to talking about being honest with the opposite sex from the get go.  If I was Neil Patrick Harris, I probably woulda gave him a kiss after he said that!  O...kay!!  Because I'm a strong proponent of telling folks what's up and let them decide.  If u have an interest in dating different people...isn't that what we're suppose to do, instead of this do or die dating we have nowadays...an interest in dating other people.  Tell that person from the get and let that person decide.  Some people may say, I wanna get serious with one person, which it totally fine.  Others, may be like, "Awesome", I was thinking tha same thing, and I'm not looking for anything serious either.  I brought this up a few years ago to a group of girls, and only ONE said they could handle the truth.  And I'm definitely not talking about "the sky is blue" either!  Experience, experience, and more experience is the only thing that can bring that Socrates process.  When u're a Trident-shoe in life, u wanna play tha game u know..."don't look at her, or she might think I'm interested..." or u give a guy a number, and don't answer the phone until the 3rd voicemail and all this Lady Gaga, goo-goo jibberish...sm-dag gone-h.

Once u've been through different scenarios and love episodes, u learn that telling tha truth pays off.  If they don't wanna hear that, then they ain't the right person for you.  Cuz I'll die and go to Daytona Beach in the middle of Spring Break, with tha belief that a real person wants to know what's goin' on from 21 Jump Street. ( oh, my favorite number!)  Now does that mean just spill ur beans like, "I don't wanna kiss u until the dessert comes, which by the way is gonna arrive under a grey pan, and when we say 'close your eyes' ur gonna put ur right hand on the table, and put ur left hand out of the way, and turn around 3 times..."  No, relationships if more than doing a Steve Urkel version of the Hokey Pokey!  Spontaneity is super sexy, and u better have it!  What I'm saying is that u can save a whole lot of confusion, and money and apperances on Judge Mathis, all by being straight up.

Lastly...patience.  This is for us guys (me included) as well, in my best Diddy Ciroc commercial voice...cough, cough..."Fellas...asking every girl u see for her number...not cool."  Once u chase, u lose.  It's been many nights hanging out with folks, and being like, "I'm gonna be a Hollywood talent scout tonight!"  And walk in tha place and leaving without anyone to fill tha co-role of our romantic film-etta (That's how u say film in Spanish right?!!)  U be hot over it man!  But then u go out, and am gonna be like, "I'm not approaching anybody, I'm just going to enjoy the night."... all the while hoping the DJ plays New Kids On The Block's "Right Stuff" so u can do the Roger Rabbit on tha dance floor...wait, hold on... c'mon now,  u can't tell me I'm the only one waiting for that jam to come on at a party so u can get loose?!

Anyway, when u're not looking for companionship or love, that's when somebody appears and next thing u know it, u don't wanna take a shower for three days, cuz u don't wanna lose that girl's number.  I was trying to figure out how I got by without taking a shower...let me stop...let's just say if u come around me and I stink like a bag of corn chips just know she's a dime piece.  If I smell like boiled pickles, then she's playmate material.  If I smell like "Oughta get my butt wooped for walking out the house like that", then just know that I'm depressed as a joker, and I'm on my way to get some rice cakes then go over a friend's house and watch every season of MTV's Loveline to find out what true love really means.

Good Night.
Austino Galaxia.

No comments:

Post a Comment