Monday, March 19, 2012

Shhh...We're shooting a movie!

"I know a guy u should make a movie on." (Steven Spielberg pictured above)

Just when u think that u've seen it all...life just keeps on giving u these moments that leave ur mouth open like, "I know I've never seen that before!!"...Today at Tar-shae, was up in line, and this woman was two people ahead checking out.  She had a grizzip of items.  Kind of checking her out, ain't gonna lie, tall latina who dressed young for her age...so she was getting her stuff rung up, and then she reached for the left string on top of her white cami she was wearing, she was reaching for it because it was a live product and she was reaching for tha tag so the guy who was checking her items out, could ring her up!!  We've never seen that before, I know at supermarkets folks eat...I got a story on that too...folks open and eat chips or drink pops or bottle water while walking around the store and then give the check-out cashier a crumbled up wrapper of Lay's for them to ring up.  That's a small pet peeve, but hey when u gotta eat, u gotta eat.  One of my best buds did that once, and I was like, that's on u dude.  But to actually be wearing the clothing, then homegirl had to have the lady behind her tear off the sticker tag that said "s..s...s...s" down the side to indicate the size.  Too much bro!!

Ok, real quick, I was at Publix supermarket, u know the spaceship looking one off of West Avenue here in South Beach...the one Miami New Times once called the hottest spot to get a date in Miami.  (Wonder what they thought about our diary last month when we mentioned ours.  Huh.)...Anyhows, this guy was checking out, dude was in chill mode, hat turn backwards with beach shorts...matter of fact he might have been eating something as he was checking out, that's funny!...so the lady is checking his food out, and then all of a sudden he's like, "Hold on!! That's on sale!  There's a coupon for that."  She's like, "the coupon's on tha package, but it's not on sale."  So my guy does one of the most Capone moves we've seen since living down here in tha beach...he thus snatched coupon off the package, and immediately gave it to the woman to ring up the item with tha coupon price!!  That was so mad hilarious I'll never forget that.  And the funny thing is we've put it into our shopping repertoire.  Looking for tha products that have immediate coupons on them.  I know Perdue used to have coupons on certain varieties of the 'Short Cuts' packages, and u best believe I be digging to tha end of the rack looking for the one which had a "Save 10 cents" coupon stuck to it!!  We a trip at the market...

Today, I was standing in tha "I eat to live, not to live to eat" aisle near the...let me get this politically correct, near the natural foods section of the grocery store.  I was standing there for like 5 minutes comparing the packages of the almonds and soy nuts.  I do this all the time, it sounds so minute, but it's serious.  And I always get tickled when I see other people do tha same.  "Let me see, this bottle water is 100% aqua...while this one says it's 100% H20...but this one has 20 less calories than this one..." If u shop as crazy as we do, then u know what I'm talking about...if u don't, u better cuz with prices of foods...dude, I almost threw some chocolate chips when I saw Target was asking like $4.75 for some almonds.  I mean, in that name of Jenny Craig u got to be kidding right.  I mean, I was looking for Walden Schmidt  to come out of the back, with his trucker hat on and say, "Galaxia...U've been Punk'd!!"  And then I give him the typical, "Oh, shucks!" followed by fake expletives which are beeped out.  U know tha deal.  But tha was to no avail on today.

I guess that's always nice to open up a bag u were about to throw away and find dollar bills inside.  There's a 10% chance of a drizzle later tonight, so let me put this away!  I so feel like talking about that subject right now...I won't, try to keep it PG tonight.  Some interesting stuff going on...last night at the Triple A, the Heat won over tha Magic...but talking with some of the security guys was absolutely legendary.  Talking about this Ultra Music Festival or in their language...aka "drugfest".  Them telling all these stories of folks just being high, and doing so much crazy stuff...getting into fights and stuff...walking around with no clothes on and having illicit kinky activity on anything and anyone, sounds like fun!!  Just kidding...I love music, and I dig tha trance some times and stuff, but personally the atmosphere can hinder the great DJ's and the experience.  I've never gone, and may go in tha future, but I like everyone being within themselves wild they are wiling out.  I'm not into that crack or ecstasy drug scene.  Seen it up close and it ain't fun, especially when tha girl u're think looks attractive is giving that blank stare on tha dance floor.  U don't know if it's us or the us-us-us that she sees.  It's wild....

I gotta give a shout out to this doll...Marcela.  Girl, thanks for last night at the Heat's home, u help create and image I will never forget!  I have to admit that was one of the few times, if ever, that a girl has left me speechless in our presence...love the spontaneity.. U're flat out beautiful...and I do mean a really beautiful woman.

Enough of trying to earn some future brownie points, life is really interesting...u just have to take it moment by moment.  We are truly in a mega-fun type of mode.  When u've been the lowest that u can go, mentally and in some ways spiritually, yet u survive..the bounce back can be something else.  Hearing a lot of people talking about repelling negative energy.  I gotta say this, if I meet another person who I speak with on hours on end one day, and then the next day they barely wanna say "hello" to you, I'm telling u, I might fling a frisbee at somebody's throat!  Why the attitude??? Why?  It doesn't hurt to reply to a 'hello' or 'hi'.  Folks in tha M.I.A. have this see-saw thing where they feel like talking to you is blasphemous or something.  I'm like, "Dude or Chick, I just talked to you about everything under the sun last night...shopping wit u in stores...and now this?  (definitely an ugly face needs to be inserted there).  So what if u have a man or a girl, just be free, and not so uptight.  That's so 2007 u know.

Lots still to talk about, but Good Lord willin' til another time.

I'm out.
Austino Galaxia.

No comments:

Post a Comment