Wednesday, March 14, 2012

One Call Away!

Chingy's "One Call Away" Video

The power of the cell phone....

U know, what would we actually do without them?  U can do so much on them, from talking via Skype face-to-face, to text messaging...it's almost impossible to commit a crime or dare I say get your creep on without somebody getting their flick or their "girl....u wouldn't believe who just walk in tha spot", soon followed by a simple 'click' and send.  And let's not even go into the human element that has disappeared even within the cell phone sector.  We no longer call we now text or fcbook chat.  I still like talking on tha phone.  As I mentioned before, its not that "LOL" that people will remember its ur actual laugh, u know!  We've been guilty of it, but we're changing that...like beginning last sentence.

I walk around tha naked hood of South Beach, and I say that with all confidence because there is soooo many people down here during the day.  Kiddos off from spring break, and u have all these events that are about to hit, specifically in the neighborhood.  I still say that if I could survive tha Super Bowl from a few years ago, we could survive anything.  That's probably the wildest it's been, and we've seen a LOT from Art Basels to NCAA hoops tournaments to New Year's Eve (still can't get over that party Jennifer Lopez threw when she set off every alarm in the neighborhood by unleashing these booming, possibly illegal fireworks in tha sky!)  What else...Memorial Day weekends aka Hip Hop weekend, it's gotten a little tamer with all tha cops and stuff, but my first year on tha island, in like 05...shoot...it was wild too.  Some good, some not so good.  So much goes on down here, that it really hard to keep track.

I recall Rihanna throwing a concert on the sands of tha beach, and I walked outside and literally could sing tha words to tha songs she was crooning.  Or I remember them having this Nascar race in Homestead and they had a special thing here in tha hood, where you could meet tha drivers and see the cars.  Well, I didn't go to Ocean Drive that day, but after a workout I was walking right down our street of Jefferson Ave. and next thing I know a long parade of the cars past me by in the middle of the neighborhood which was mad cool.  Saw like Dale Jr.'s ride and stuff.  Cool stuff dude...lots of stories and if we keep this diary going, u'll hear more of them.

As I was saying, when we walk around this glamour jewel, we chuckle when we see certain locations where we had some memorable conversations.  I remember this one corner right behind Flamingo Park, where my Grandpa called and was truly on his A game, but u remember tha voice u know.  Guess I'm on all this, because today I feel like I have a new phone.  The Whiteberry was acting super weird with our internet and crazy stuff.  But after going over to this ATT service spot, that looked straight up like a store front for the disbursement of bootleg Louis bags behind tha counter!  What was up with tha tinted windows outside?  But now, I have to reset everything, with pictures, contacts, and our Penthouse photos.  They had to take my phone to work on it, and I had to wait...but I really didn't know what to do, cuz u know why??  Everytime u have to wait at tha doctor's office, or to get into tha club or at Heaven's gate ("Yo God, I past tha promoter sitting on tha cloud, and he said txt "T-E-B-O-W" and that'll get ya boy in!!)...what do u usually do?  Anybody, anybody...yes, u're usually on ur phone, checking messages, surfing tha net (hopefully www.austinogalaxia.com) or looking up Wall Street or whatever, it becomes second nature really.

I remember catching some feelings for this one girl (yep...another one), who was interesting.  Really cute and all...reminded u of...she was actually of a Mexican heritage, with tha naturally super cinnamon skin and long hair, and earring in the upper section of her ears, with a unique face.  But what probably help to demise any relationship with her was my freakin' cell phone service at tha time.  Yes, I had PrimeCo, which proceeded VoiceStream (Wow! This is cell phone history for real ballers!), and which eventually lead to T-Mobile which is still around today.  How many folks knew that huh?  And I didn't even mention Ameritech and ATT's history!

Tha thing was that I could only talk to this doll when I was outside.  Fellas that ain't good.  So if I didn't call her...u hope she could hit u back up while ur outside.  Doing all u can not to go inside..."man, its a beautiful day to be outside."..."it's a nice night to be outside"...."What's up guy! Huh...man, I know it's midnight, but if feels so good I might just sleep out here!"  Jokes aside, I might sue T-Mobile just for messing my thang up with someone who when I first saw her told one of my guys, "I just seen my wife!" .....(in my whisper voice) be careful when u say that...that was one reason...another thang was I could only hook up with her...Oops! wrong language...I could only see her late at night, due to tha fact that she had school, and had to work, which totally lollipoped...I remember talking to my Grandpa which dropped some knowledge I'll never forget:

If the only time you can meet somebody is at night...then u need to leave that alone!!


Never have forgotten that.  If u can't hang out during tha day, and it can only be during after sunset, then it may not be a good situation.  And after those lingering words, we've thought about that in just about every possible relationship we've entertained.  Good wisdom.

That's it...gotta get some rest.  Tha Heat down by 9 against tha Bulls as we watching on TV...while the Lakers are in overtime again, as I listen to tha game on LA's radio network through the internet.  Oh, what would we do without technology!

Now where's my phone!
Austino Galaxia.

No comments:

Post a Comment