Thursday, March 15, 2012

Heart 2 Hearts.


Ok...today was interesting from tha giddie up.  It started out so...gulp!...scary!

I woke up like early as a rooster, and checked our phone for tha time. (4:08 a.m.) I looked at tha clock, and figure I'll just close my eyes for a little bit...then use tha bathroom...do our thang, and figure I get some blueberry waffles, and watch tha fourth quarter of tha Heat/Bulls game from last night....Like...wrong!!!  After a few minutes past I happen to look at my other clock (courtesy of American Airlines Arena), and I was like...ok let's have some fun tonight....what was my reaction (Maestro please cue the Jeopardy! music for me please) :

Was it...

a) "This cannot be freakin' happening right now."

b) "I don't know what time it is right now, so why don't I just go back to sleep and get back to my dream."

c) "Fudge!" (Of course edited for tha kids)
d) "I can still make it to tha club if I hurry."
e) "Why don't we have a White Castle down here in Miami?"

Well....tha answer was (a) followed by a close (c).  So I was running like late according to my cell phone, which just got reset, and I don't know, it was weird.  Nevertheless, we threw on some clothes and hit tha freeway.  It was a flat out raceway on Dolphin...passing by the new Marlins Park, I was hitting seventy cinco, speeding by, with Crockett and Tubbs being the only ones who passed me by in this sick ride.  They pointed at me, smiled and kept rolling...it felt kinda good to just let it rip.  Driving is so wild down here in Miami, either folks are turning on their left turn signal and turning right...or they are driving 30 mph's in a 45 speed zone.  Boy we are tired of that, I guess it's just the Andretti coming out of me...ended up getting to our destination in a decent time considering, but that was so freakish.

This is a wild stretch of life.  One moment at a time.  I'm looking at us officially not having another day off from "work" until next Saturday (Mar. 24th) and then even after that I gotta work the next day at the Triple A.  So with our regular gig, Heat games, and just livin' which can be a job, it could be a daunting task.  But u know what that means...I gotta have some kind of fun.  And we will...what trouble should we get into.  I HAVE to have a life living on tha edge a little bit.  As we mentioned before, I get bored kind of easy.  Life is to be lived...u know what would be cool...well it's a lot of things.

When I first came to Miami, this Real Estate Realtor dropped so much knowledge on us, during our walk checking out apartments down South of Fifth here in South Beach...from telling us specifically, "everybody is gonna have a string of a week where they do nothing but party." to the only things people talk about in Miami is "Sex, Drugs, and Real Estate." (Mentioned that more than a few times cuz its so true.)  U just never know who may same something so innocent, and it leads to a lifetime of wisdom...and inspiration.  So u always have to listen to whomever speaks cuz they can really inspire you, when u feel kinda alone.

I've been blessed to have a lot of people walk up on us and say some unique stuff to us in our lifetime.  While I was driving on the Vespa, I used to always go through the toll booth in tha Venetian Islands.  One of the toll guys (and I was cool with a lot of them...toll gals as well) would chat with us.  This one time, this gent said, "you're gonna make it, I can see it in your eyes."  I told him, "Thank you", as we drove off.  I can sense this is gonna get personal tonight, so stop reading, please if u don't wanna read as we talk from our heart.  But with us doing this 12 games in 13 nights busy string, as well as things going on with our apartment, wardrobe, new diet, vacation plans, and social life, its gonna be a stretch, and will hold some very good stories to write about.

As of late, we are learning to let things happen.  Some things u can't control.  We've been talking about embracing the strugg...I read an article from last night's Laker game which they won after coming back from 17 points for the second consecutive night in a row.  (C'mon Heat!!)  Kobe Bryant mentioned how they were battle tested and how they don't really get rattled, since they've been down in a Game 7 of the NBA Finals and came back and won.  I almost did an ODB shimmy sham after hearing that because that's what we've been learning about and the message u wanna share.  If u've experienced things in life, and u're still here to live, then confidence arises u know.  Oh, man I remember when I didn't have a dime, yet I had the time of my life one weekend...or I thought that person was so hot and sexty, now I'm cool, and us breaking up and not being friends was tha best thing that happened to me cuz I found myself.  Let me stop right there....

We know we tell a lot of stories about our love life.  And sometimes u think about what if I hadda been with such and such...I need some love music as I write this...C'mon Diana...our honest opinion is that all of these experiences have been to our benefit...it's tough to say that, but then I remember someone once saying, "A woman is never as beautiful as u remember her."  And us guys need to remember that sometimes (not all the time), but we, and girls too, geek folks up so much like, "that girl was sooooo bad!  She was the perfect girl, had tha glasses, curves, she was into books", but sometimes you add to an image...starting to feel it y'all...do we date people for who they are or for who we want them to be?  I'm gonna be real...like if I see a girl who has all the physical features I'm attracted to (and there are many...like right behind ear lobes...), would we approach that person based on a fantasy we think that person can before yet it might not be in their nature.  Every model ain't a freak, while every geek ain't a churchgirl.  I'm heavily guilty of it and have no problem admitting it.  I think we all are.  That's why...

Getting to know somebody is so special.  The letting of somebody get to know you is so special.  We put up all these defenses, especially if we've been hurt in love relationships or by some ex-so called friends....I need another one, C'mon Miss Chaka!...my hand goes up like a foul's been called on me....heck, cuz it has!  A Spanish chica hurt me once, so I will never date another one again.  This one jock cheated on me, so I'll never date another athlete again...don't do that.  I've learned tha hard way, everybody is different.  It's so hard though...but if we are to move on to the next level and the next person DOG backwards has in store for you, u gotta...

All these "love" stories...I stuck on this thang, so I have to write...have left me dumbfounded, angry, jealous, lonely, egotistical, hungry, better, and somewhat battle tested.  I don't write them to be like, look at me I have this and this or all these girls have...no. We write them, to help us for one, and hopefully help someone realize that they can get throught whatever and possibly even show that if Austin can get through his crazy love life, mine is nothing.  Let's get more real...when I discuss about having fun or how to treat a gal, I'm not doing some audition for the Fall season of The Bachelor, this is our heart.  And ALL of these experiences have contributed to who we are as a person, and how do things when it comes to the opposite sex.  When we say don't grab the hand of a girl while she's on tha dance floor, there's a reason we say that.  If I say call ur love one, instead of texting them for 20 minutes, there's a reason we say that.  If all and all, God says...boy, I almost don't wanna write this...if God says to us, that u gotta go through some more craziness, and be a Starline poster (boy I wanted that Vanna White poster back in tha day) of love gone haywire, but share tha experiences to make a difference in ONE person's life, how can I argue with that.  If one person's relationship is better...praise God, and I put that on Cupid's arrow.

I sense that we are writing all this for a reason.  Our life is getting more wild by tha minute.  Our love life is getting more unique with some of the...what's the right word...issues we have to deal with.  Everything is hitting a new level.  And I have not one ounce of hate to those who have unknowingly helped us to become a better person.  They've literally inspired us, and many of them have no idea.  When we don't wanna write, a name pops up...when I don't wanna exercise, oh, "just remember (place name here) likes a guy who's in shape"...yes, some of the inspiration is made up and fictional, but I need that push...that's what successful people do, they find maximum motivation in the minimal tasks or setbacks.  We should use people or unfortunate circumstances to motivate us, not to beat ourself up on.  I've done that, and that doesn't work.  U up all night in tha wee hours, crying and wondering what happened, while that other person is out on tha town, giggling and about to play naked footsie in bed.  So true man...

This is from our heart, Mr. Diary...just wanna have fun.  Our life is special, and so much fun, and I'm determined to share it with the rest of the Galaxia.  Starting to know, as everybody is so unique...but all our experiences and who we've become and becoming...just want all of us to enjoy tha ride.  Not for selfish reason, but just because it won't ever happen again.  I've said that before, but when u know, that u know...that u KNOW!...I'm embracing the nights alone....I'm embracing the lessons learned...I've embraced the words of 'no' and 'not yet'....now let the fun truly begin.  That's scary considering all that we already lived through, but trust us...through it all, we haven't seen nothing yet...and our diary is about to all of our minds.

Just listened to 'My Funny Valentine' like 10 times through all this expression of feelings.  But u can't hold back, sometimes and we won't anymore.

And for those of u who may wonder, yes, it's not a front...each day with us is Valentine's Day...

Absolutely each day.

Love and enjoy life.
Austino.

No comments:

Post a Comment