Tuesday, January 17, 2012

'Nother Day in Paradise!

Alrighty then...got some funny stuff to discuss on today in our future world famous "diary" of  a life like no other...Shout out to my homegurl, u know who u are...I'm throwing up tha "Deuces" to ya on tonight!  Love ur style, keep doing what u doing gurl!...that's kind of interesting, when I hear that Chris Brown joint.  I remember back in tha day, when I was hooping on my high school squad, my junior year,  my teammates used to give the deuces to folks or as we used to call it, "Peace to the head."  And no one was exempt.  Guy got a bunk haircut, two fingers slapped to the forehead!  Not kidding...Girl talking looney, she gets tha dos fingers whip to the head!  Even our head coach, once got the 2 fingers muff to the head after a comment during team pics!  We was completely silly, but those guys were my dudes. Before we used to run out of the locker room before the game, we had a ritual in which we used to call, "Let me message ur back.!"  We rub each other's shoulders, all of us...all that after bumping that Big Pun and Terror Squad, and we was ready to go!  I'll fight for them cats, even today.

 Today was so hilarious.  I was walking down here in the beach, just parked and was walking to my IKEA showroom, when as I was walking I heard a pair of car door locks go "bop-bop!" I was road tripping for a hot sec like, "Seriously though?!" (And yes, I just added the neck move with tha dip and finger snap as I wrote that! ) Then I just start cracking up laughing, like does she know how much we are worth?  Please, don't get it Kay Sweat twisted. Heck, I own my own Galaxia!!  So funny, makes me think about this story I once heard about Eddie Murphy and Michael Jordan in Vegas.  The legend goes that one time they both got into the elevator, and it was this older woman in there.  And as they got in, she began to clutch her purse!!  Both of them started to smile and giggle, but it makes u think about what's still going on out here.  Certain stereotypes....humm.  Starting to feel that, let's write so more on that...

All of us have, growing up have had sterotypes or profiles embedded in our minds.  Gender wise.  Racial wise.  Sexual orientation wise.  And its very hard to break those things, especially if some people do nothing but confirm what u thought all along.   A guy wearing a thong, I mean...man where's my head at...wearing a bandanna (oh man!).  U know what we write this real time, but bandanna, with sleeveless top and a few tats, automatically think old dude's a gangsta thug! Real quick, I once worked at this modeling agency, where this woman used the term "Afro-American".  I was like 'Wow', this ain't 1967 is it, just had to throw that in...see a girl dressed in a certain low cut top outfit, wearing makeup, and happens to be pretty.  Automatically thinks she's a snob or something.  Then if she throw them potato wedges on her feet, then she's like a 'Chonga'.  (Miami u know what I'm talking about!)  And don't let her have a tongue ring, we know what that means right...Keeping it real.  Cuz even a day after MLK's birthday we and I know I have a long way to go.

Never forget being at the grocery store and this guy was wearing some Salvation Army t-shirt (see what I mean!) with some black athletic shorts.  I'm thinking in my head, he ain't worth three $2 bills on a Saturday night!  Man, next thing I know it, they like rung up his lettuce or something, and he pulled out his AmEx Black Card, which means he has some kind of cheese.  And he was wearing no carrots.  Think I'm gonna call him "Bugs" for here on out.  But he opened my eyes, cuz back up north the folks wit the most cash, drive basic cars, where simple gear like plaid flannels or something.  Down here, we floss like Crest, and barely have enough mulah to get gas.  We rather go shopping for some kicks or clothes, than have food in the pantry.  I know cuz I'm guilty of it!!  "Let's see...I can throw off my diet and live off of Del Monte fruit cups and  Cheerios, what a minute, that's too expensive, let me get the off brand oat cereal, eat that, and I can hit up shopping frenzy next weekend!"  It's funny but so true....I should have been on MTV's True Life "I'm a Shopaholic."

Also, certain things can make u positively look a certain way when u're the total opposite.  Black reading glasses can make u look smart, when the last book u've read was by Shel Silverstein.  Guy wearing a suit while shopping, supposedly means he got ducketts.  Girl wearing a dress down to her ankles, with no makeup, must (dang Lebron going off on the Spurs!) mean that she's a church girl or something when she's the biggest...See when u've experienced these things, u can ever so confidently believe in what u say.  And let me just say, that looks can be very deceiving.  That's why u have to talk and really get to know people or u're gonna be waking up like, "What was I thinking?!"  Life's wild.

I wasn't even gonna write about all this, didn't even know what to write about...but I guess this is all for us as we are about to remix, remodel, and reinvent ourself.  Plan on doing some shopping in which, we're gonna switch up our fashion style for this season, as well as remodeling our living quarters, just have fun!  European and Luxe is the theme, so just gonna see where the Lord leads us.  In saying that, we realize not to get caught up in prices, right now our life is centered on the quality of  person, place or thing...and sometimes y.  But I like to hit up hidden spots, like vintage stores as well as sexy boutique stores.  I haven't even given this diary entry a title yet...how about ok, thank u Ladies Love...this song is banging in the background and evidently it's timely....all about living a life of Paradise.



Don't judge a book by its cover.
A. Galaxia.

No comments:

Post a Comment