Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's alright cuz I'm...

Cast of Saved By The Bell

First off, I'm so....so...SO excited!!  Because I just got word that two of my favorite artists are coming to our neighborhood of South Beach in February!  Yes, the artist I've always wanted to see down here in Miami...Mr. Lenny Kravitz will be performing with Raphael Saadiq!  That's gonna be off the wire.  A buck 25 for two tix and already we're conjering up when to pull the trigger on the tickets.  They'll b at The Jackie Gleason Theatre, which is one of the coolest venues to see a concert,  because it's so intimate.  Like a high school auditorium.  Lenny came to tha hood back in like '06/'07 and I missed him.  I wonder if he'll sing this  soulful classic.  Then Raphael has so many jams with Toni Toni Tone!, as well great solo hits.  Like this one from one of my favorite shows The PJ's (what u know about that!!)  Hit it Rafey and Q-Tip!  That's gonna be a heck of a nite!  Hmmm...whom should we take?

I saw the craziest thing coming home tonight.  I saw a rainbow, glowing...at nighttime?!!!  Take a strong look to the left in this video, and if u squint u'll be able to see it.  It's bootleg video, but here with Miami Beach traffic any time u look away from the wheel, it's like committing motoristic blasphemy!    We have 

We have to learn to take our time down here.  Patience wins the race by the cat.  Or was it the early rabbit gets tha caterpillar?!!  Anyhow...we need to calm down.  Earlier today, I was dag-gone ambushed on the highway, by all these one-minute men who were in a hurry, and I'm like, "dude...it's like 5:45am in the morning?!"  It's not worth getting into a Rock Smackdown, all over... a) being late for work, b) being thrown out of the club without learning any new math (who got that one?!!) c) making up a new excuse that even I hadn't even thought up of yet!...Heat up by 16 on the Pacers, huh...minus D Wade.

Saved By The Bell.  How many people's favorite show was this growing up.  All through the middle school years, all the way through high school, then u had SBTBell The New Class, all the way to those College Years which I don't care what anybody says, had some funny episodes.  Especially when Kelly came back.  What about those like  Hawaii NBC movies they had...or that two part episode with the still reigning Queen of Queens!  So many memories from TNBC Saturday Mornings, good stuff.

But u can learn so much from the characters on the show.  I think I'm a little bit of all of them.  Zacky Morris was the guy always looking for just fun.  Even if it meant missing out on what some thought was important in life.  How could he get by, doing less and having more fun.  I may not have schemed or had his cell phone (although I shelled out eight Ulysses S. Grant's for that first color celly back in 2002, what was I thinking?), but his mindset runs within us.  Jessie Spano was the straight, upright, do everything by the book kind of girl.  She wasn't a showgirl or anything....or was she?!!  But although she dabbled with pills ("I'm so excited!..."I'm so excited!"...that a inside joke if u really watched the show) and that kind of stuff, she tried to take care of business and hold the group together.  Team first.

A.C. Slater...u know I really have to tell this airplane story with this, golddigger, I mean lady, cuz it directly involves Mr. Slater himself!  No joke! I'm gonna tell it soon, promise!  But, A.C. was the "jock" of the crew.  Athletic and had his eyes on the ladies seemingly at all times.  I think I need to leave A.C's character right now!  But if you noticed, A.C. had the Louisana Hot Sauce for Jessie!  Huh.  Is that a clue to athletic guys' taste in women...u'll be suprised!  My homegirl, Miss Kelly Kapowski.  I mentioned in one of our very early diary's about how we feel about her.  She was the cheerleader, beach girl who lived kind of free.  But if u think about it, her character was a hard worker.  Working endlessly at The Max, meeting that one college creep who was just playing her.  Or what about Johnny...what was his name, the movie star who made that PBS type commercial about drugs, when he was Puff The Magic Dragon-ing at his Hollywood party.  Kelly should got with us, but we were too young at the time.  But I do like olde...

Then u had the ultimate cat and mouse game between Lisa and Screech.  Lisa was the upscale, fashion girl who was more into how her combination of her hat and dress looked than anything else in life!  This girl wore a hat to class in high school..whoa! (ooops wrong show.)  But she was always playing hard to get for just about anyone, except when her and Zach kissed, but that's not the point.  Screech was that goofy nerd, who had that Crush soda burping in his system every time Lisa came around.  Good Ol' Screech really had serious swag, ahead of his time, a genius, a walking playboy, a modern Shakespeare in his effort, a...let me calm down, but all in all, as the gangstas would say, he didn't give...I like that cuz no matter how many times Lisa rejected him, he kept coming back.  Now I would recommend u stalk a girl like he did, u might end up either beat up by tha girls daughters or beat up by the girl herself!  Especially these Miami girls, man when they take off those Donald Pliners and that blouse begins to slouch over her shoulder so u can see her bra...man, u betta look out!!..3-0-5 for life comes all out!!  Ha...Ha!  But I love his relentlessness and dorkyness. (made up Austinoism)  ((Double made up word))

All in all.  They are us.  And we are them.   Life is about having fun and learning.  This show still lives in the hearts of those who once and still watch them.  My cousin Vicki, still might watch them!  But, this is what this revolution of fun is about.  Enjoy life.  Cherish it.  Live it.

Austino.
Oh...Kwame, I didn't forget u playa!!  There's ur shout out!!
Have fun y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment