Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Look at Me, I'm South Beach!!"

Welcome!

Where to begin...seems like an eternity since we've jotted a few luv letters down in our diary. Sometimes life can seem so long, not bad, just a little drawn out.  Right now, we are on the Brinks truck of breaking loose and we are going to have a lotta fun.  U best believe that!

Feel a little...empty headed right now...we've been going so DJ Khaled hard style as of late, in every part of the word, and we almost...burnt out..but not quite.  As ur striving or attempting to hit another level, so to speak, it can be difficult to maintain that energy and mojo to stay motivated.  I just need to enjoy the life we have...just a little bit more.  That sounds so wild, considering that our life is fun anyway...but there's settle ways u can make this life just a little more fulfilling....smoothie here...a tee shirt there...heck, just a walk, can be so refreshing.  So what is gonna jump off, in the upcoming hours is gonna be very enjoyable activities.  I'll leave it at that!  

Been watching the HBO 24/7 series that they do with upcoming boxing matches coming up.  Watched the Mayweather/Cotto one other day, today watching old episodes of Pac-Man/Hatton, and Mayweather/De La Hoya.  Boxing is so much like life.  U train all to get prepared for that "big fight".  Trainers help u get ready...u sometimes u have Eric, Vincent and "Drama" hanging around...sometimes the "hype" actually proceeds the fight itself...there are usually knockdowns to the Picasso canvas, but it's how u respond to it that matters...do u stay down or get back up and fight...Boxing tests ur heart.  Any unexpected punch can change all of ur plans of attack, which is why u have to be prepared for anything, from people biting u to a blow below the belt...actually  that can be kinda goo...PG... Austin...PG...Austin......PG Austin!!!  Have to keep going no matter what...no matter what, until the ref steps in or until...gulp!...that ultimate ring bell bakes up that "ding dong" sound!  I like boxing, it's so relate-able.

It feels so good to have the neighborhood...back!!  Oh man, high season down here in Miami, is so wild.  So many festivals, and so many visitors.  Traffic is back up so much it's like Juve's "Back that thang up" was playing through the heavens!  U sitting there in traffic like...I just wanna go home!!  But then again, u take it for granted.  I think when I'm on the A1A, "Man, this is so much different from where I'm from..."  U go home, stuck in traffic, look to ur right and see all these cruise ships, and then look to ur left and see all the mansions on Star Island and other islands.  It still surprises me how many homes have the traditional interior of brown and tan...I still just a cosmo guy with colors...so specific, with whites, and light blues, and light purples...I think it opens a place up.  Anyway, many people would like to be stuck in traffic with the Miami air blowing in the wind.  Kinda cool....

Miami is so easy to take for granted.  South Beach especially...not too many places in the world, and definitely the Galaxia, where u can walk EVERYWHERE!  So many visitors from the globe here to let the hair down and in some ways let their skirts up!  It really is wild, how right when folks get off the plane, it's like the aura of the MIA entraps folks!  It's cool, but sometimes it can be too much.  What's the wildest thang I've seen?  We wrote about that before, but it seems like everyday u see something or somebody that u haven't see before. Take the trash out and somebody's digging in ur dumpster, that happened to me, and I didn't know if I should just throw the hefty bag in Oscar's home or should I grab the Mase out of my Italian underwear and show them why South Beach is so spray can sexy!  That can throw u for a cursive loop when that goes down at the break of dawn!

What is the reputation of South Beach guys and dolls?  I still say that every 'hood is different here in Miami, in that sometimes just how a person dresses can sometimes show where they reside...What's this South Beach look that eye keep on talking about?  Well, let me see...u have the trendy look, with the guys wearing holes in their jeans, skateboarding with clashing colors and designer brands...tank tops with board shorts and $200 pair of Diesel or Dior shoes!  I think with guys, as with girls, it's amazing how we (Wow!  That's still after all these years to say 'we'...) can look so borderline sleeping on the beach sand messy and then if we go out at the end of the night, we look Damon Dashing!  Guys usually get cleaned up with those V-neck tees and soft European jeans with some limited edition kicks, and it's on.  That's kind of tha look, sometimes our look, sometimes far from it, still the South Beach look for tha fellas is unique...it has flashes of style, and flashes that I don't give a @$%&!  U have to look close and u see the signs of the mulah...as I like to say it's the "I Got Money!!" attitude, and I'll chose when and how I'll show it...guess that's true Miami Swag.  Really is...

Tha ladies...a South Beach gal....u got the shoulder off the shoulder, with tha athletic bra showing...laced up boots are the common trend, for girls in general really...u got tha sunglasses, of course, been seeing a lot of glasses with the white frames.  What else...Many Sobe girls have tats, but they're smart about it, it's not the usually "Tramp Stamp" (Am I allowed to say that!), on the lower back, that was so prevalent when I first came down to the fantasy island.  That's so 2005....now the ladies are putting ink in some remote places from calves to shoulders, or in the front, right above there Eve's lines (Clue, they point to the apple pie!), and we're seeing more on the boobs too, like 80s style.  When the ladies go out...heels, heels, heels, still rule tha day.  I still don't know if I'm a fan of the wedge shoes!  They cool with the outfit, but after seeing so many girls trip on the sidewalk or walking up like vertically, it seems like u trying too hard.  I mean if we at a club or party and folks start to run out the joint...I might give u that "I love u girl, and u look good and all, but...eh...u might just either have to take off those 3.14 wedges or u might see my Road Runner smoke!!"  Just kiddin', but u never know what may jump off.  I find that many of the "South Beach" girls really know how to dress when they go out.  It's not really trashy or anything, I think that's because most of the folks who live in the hood are like 25 and up, so they are past that "I gotta prove something" era, they know they look good, and it speaks for itself.  The way I like it...oh I forgot, the girls in the hood to represent when on the beach or in the gym...had to throw that in.

Don't know how I got on writing about that, but...just never know how much longer we'll be down here.  Sometimes we wonder if it's time to give that call to Moms and Pops and be like, our job is done down here, I've done what I was sent to do, it's time to move on....but whenever I think about dialing that 219 area code, seemingly the Great Personal Assistant in tha sky, says, "Not Yet."  It's been a unique experience down here...it's been fun...it's been tough...but I don't think I'll trade it for anything in the world.  Really weird...I still see the folks I met when I first came down from South Beach Local bus drivers, to this homegirl who's mad cool at the spaceship Publix grocery store on West Avenue.  I talk a lot about my life, and how it's this and that...maybe I need to show more pictures of the sights and scenes of our life in The Land of The Beautiful People (Physically it really is like the waiting room for a Hollywood movie audition.), and include real life videos like of our trips, perhaps parties and sporting events...

Do we have one more Salt n' Peppa push in us?  Can this diary hit one more level?  I'm starting to write like it's just us and the diary, which is dangerous.  Cuz that's when u'll REALLY read some krazy glue stories, and get the most in-depth look into who we are as a person, and where we are going.   This is gonna take some faith, but we are going to try to make this diary even more fun...and real.  Maybe years from now, they'll dig this thang up, and be like....this is a masterpiece.  

Hopefully it won't take that long...possibly it has already been one in the making, and this is just the plastic wrapping on the painting....I'll only do one of these in my life...guaranteed!  Don't try to steal it or even replicate it, cuz it'll be spotted a fake a mile away. 

This here is...signature...

Austino Galaxia.

No comments:

Post a Comment