Friday, December 16, 2011

A Chef's Ego.

Chef Gordon Ramsay

Ok now...I'm watching an episode of, as I recently stated, my favorite show on TV, Kitchen Nightmares with the renowned Chef Gordon Ramsay.  Its a real trip to watch how some of these restaurants are run.  I always enjoy a night or day out on the town.  Finding the newest or most slept on eatery.  Down here in the Miami area it's bonkers how many choices you have to eat.  On my phone, I just have a list of places from here up to Fort Lauderdale, I think even Boca Raton too.  Its serious.  But a chef's ego, is none like any one in the business.  Always thinking their food is right.  It's just like an artist, kinda sensitive to criticism.  A living, breathing (hopefully not on the plate!), form of art.  I remember some meals, ew wee!!  Being stuck in Jacksonville, Florida and tasting the best Chicken Sandwich (the place was named Zaxby's) and the best wrap I've tasted literally all in the span of minutes.  Amazing!  The Chancery up in Wisconsin, had a special one day that my guy C Hagg and myself will never forget.  A Root Beer BBQ Chicken Plate.  The place was like a Yacht Club, but boy the food was down home.  Plus, they had the nerve to serve these cornbread muffins, that almost made me go to the back and shake the cook's hand!!  Them muffins weren't no Jiffy!

I think I have sorta of a Chef's Ego.  Not all that flamboyant, but I can some what of a perfectionist.  Have some goofy habits and pet peeves that occasionally pop up.  Earlier today discussing how in my place I just have to...HAVE TO...have blue water in my toilet bowl.  Clear water in the toilet...like "never" (in my valley girl voice).  I live small, but I like things modern and HGTV like.  I'm not a huge fan of browns and blacks and that older vintage look.  Greys, White, and colors are throughout my place..and forever will be.  Finding a beautiful doll who enjoys that as well.  Traditional colors are so popular...even with like rappers.  MTV Cribs used to be my lick back in the day.  And I was not surprised, but flabbergasted at how some of the celebrities' taste in the home.  I know other designers and stuff furnished the place, but not me I gotta have my  hand in every small detail.  From the position of the remote controls to the color of my garbage can.  It's serious, and I draw out every detail.  Forgive me, but its fun! I know I'm not the only one who does this stuff.

The things I see...I saw a guy, down here in South Beach driving with a coffee table on top of his Mercedes.  But what got me was that, while he was driving he had his left hand, hanging out the window and  holding the table which just had a small cloth in between the roof of the ride.  Crazy!...Please drive carefully, I'm seeing so many accidents, 1 per day each morning, just leaving the beach, please drive cautiously.

Day at the Post Office in our beach hood...they had a guy blocking the door once 5pm hit.  And from our angle, I could be wrong, but initially it looked like barb wire holding the gates.  Wow...does this turn into a jail after hours?  The woman who helped take my card requesting my priority letter that was on hold, snatched my stuff (not that stuff), but my card and told me to go stand over there.  I hadn't had a woman talked to me since I was like in 3rd grade, and my teacher used to smitten students with her ruler.  This is a side note, but today, it hit me that I like it when beautiful women get mad, it just Pat Riles me up!  Ok, back 2 the Post Office...this joint had all different types of characters inside.  Police officers, with guns on tote...this woman who had dark sunglasses on like she's hiding her status.  U know the kind...guy getting amped in his international way, like, "Can I just get my package?".  This one girl came in looking like a homegirl version of Mariah Carey with baseball cap turned backwards and a top that reminded me of MiMi's Rainbow album cover.  Mid driff exposure included for free.  One of the post office workers was talking to a customer, simply by using his hands, and I put this on Sasha Fierce, that I saw him give the "to the left, to the left" point! Not joking.

That's it...I think.  Oh...some great surprises coming up technologically for our blog, so stay tuned for that...Part II of our Playlist featuring the work of The Neptunes (Chad Hugo and Pharrell Williams) set to be released.  Good stuff.  Still gonna tell lots of stories on our life.  Lessons have been learned, so we must share.     And don't think we don't have anymore to tell....what?!!  Still haven't even talked about hoops, band days, and some more school classics.  And still stories remain from our summers working at the beach up north, and different modeling agencies, and ...some real good, overall goofy fun tales about our life and what we see on a daily basis.  Names for the most part anonymous.  Our life is different, fun, and of lure.  So why not laugh about it.  Once again...why not!?!

No matter what giggle once just for fun 2nite.  No matter what.
Austino.

No comments:

Post a Comment