Saturday, June 30, 2012

Galaxia Spotlights...Usher.

Usher.

This is a very special edition of Galaxia Spotlights.  For one it's dedicated to my brother, Anthony, who actually began today's topic several days ago with a simple text.  He texted me to name the top 5 songs of the subject of today's Spotlight.  Wow!  That was a hard one...and then the other day, I came home to my showroom, only to find out that there was a concert being held in London live via the internet.  Not only was it great to see a live concert in the middle of the afternoon, but what amazed me was that he had so many jams that he didn't even touch his "old" material.  So with all that, there was only one person to fittingly follow MJ in our revamped Galaxia Spotlights segment...and as my brother said earlier today, this gentleman might be the one of the few whose music can immediately take you to a particular year, moment in ur life, or even a particular relationship past or present.  His tunes make us dance the night away, while they also allow us to be with our special someone, and also gives us inspiration to think about what is true and real in our life.

Remember, these are our picks, and those songs which define our life.  We've included some of his videos if u simply click on some of the songs....Today is also special, because we usually cut out some songs that we spotlight on an artist, but for today, and perhaps for today only, we are gonna write all of the songs that were in consideration for this post.  I'm sure u can relate to one or two of them...some u may have heard...while others u may not have.  So without further ado...today's Galaxia Spotlights shines on...none other than....

Usher.

"You Make Me Wanna" (This song brings back so many memories from the 90s)
"Confessions Pt. 2" (This video had Usher sliding on tha floor for a hug...purely epic!)
"U Remind Me" (The year was 2001, it was Summertime, and this song brought in the Fall perfectly.)
"Nice & Slow"
"Twork It Out" (A nice chill song that makes u just lay back and groove.)
"My Way"
"U Got It Bad" (Who hasn't felt this way every once in awhile?!!)
"Trading Places" (I actually forgot about this one...great radio cut.)
"That's What It's Made For"
"My Boo" (Featuring Alicia Keys)
"Superstar"
"Caught Up"  (I really liked this video, and the song, well, sooner or later it happens to us all!)
"U Don't Have To Call" (The Neptunes produced this "going out" banger!  Sing tha song boy!!)
"Yeah!" (Featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris)

Oh boy!...there's a lot ain't there!!

"DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love" (Featuring Pitbull...You have to dance to this!!)
"OMG!" (Featuring will.i.am)
"Simple Things" (This song sums up how I feel about life...a slept-on classic.)
"Burn" (It speaks for itself.)
"Lil Freak" (Featuring Nicki Minaj)
"Take Your Hand"
"Love In This Club" (2008 is in tha house!)
"Pro Lover"
"Here I Stand" (This one girl I knew loved this song....I think I might cry off of this timeless beauty.)
"Wifey" (Featuring Pharrell...Unreleased,but a great personal cut.)
"Scream"
"There Goes My Baby" (Maybe my all-time favorite...a chill always comes over me as I listened to this.)

Some great memories from a great artist.  Hope u enjoyed a look through the years at the artistry of Mr. Raymond him...Classic stuff.  And as always as the Galaxia Spotlight shines, we may never see the likes of him again.  Thanx bro!

Austino Galaxia.

No comments:

Post a Comment