Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Dream Deferred.

Poet Langston Hughes drawn by Winold Ross.


So I'm in the elevator of this, I guess upscale supermarket, and the elevator stops at the 2nd floor.  This guy comes in, with his headphones on, we give a slight head nod, all to no response...U know we can't stand to be inside of a silent elevator, it's just so ultra-weird.  But whatever....The elevator goes down to the main floor, and I promise you this guy is trying to bust out of the doors, before it opens!  It reminded me of like when you used to play those old Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo video games and the guy you were controlling would hit a wall, and u tried ur best to bust through but with all to no avail!  Think Super Mario running into that pedestal that he was supposed to jump on!  This guy was trying dude...the doors opened up, and he goes his way.  I begin to laugh, and continue to as I weave through a bevy of beauties, to get me some 2%.  If that guy only knew who we were...Oh well.

After waking up early this morning, to use the bathroom (Who does that?!!?), we ended up going back to sleep.  Oh, if I hada known what awaited my eyelids as I entered the peaceful darkness of the night.  Very shortly I was involved with a...let's just tell it..

I have no idea how to describe this dream other than it was a combination of a mystery thriller, with real people,  all with a group of characters from the new movie Frankenweenie.  Then you throw in my homeboys from college aka "The Dynasty" , guest appearances for a rapper, and the backdrop of the sandy sands of  South Beach, u had a crazy dream for real.  Here is what we recall:

I was hanging with my dudes on the corner of of Washington Ave. and like 17th street by the Citibank location down here in Tha Beach.  If u don't live in the area, this is just some crazy talk, but just making the scene.  I was talking with my guys, shooting tha breeze, and all of a sudden ur boy Fat Joe pulls up in this nice ride.  Hold on... this song was a classic!  So we chopping it up with Joey Crack, and I remember us waiting for a ride, where, I have no idea where we were going, but me and two of my boys decided to walk.  So we walking through South Beach and end up at this house.  I remember me and my boy Trizzy (One day I'll write about my guys so u can meet tha characters I speak about), we're inside this house and find ourself in a secret passageway.  I think this was weird and unique because u don't see that anymore in homes.  We walking in this secret passage way and get out and enter the kitchen.  That's where we find this animated looking mom sitting with this real life baby girl.  I know that somebody is like, u must have attended one of those famous snow parties down there in Miami last night talking all this wildness!!  Please don't get tha strait jacket ready just yet, save that for later...But this was what went on in our crazy mind.

These two women were at the table, one of cyber beauty, the other cut out of the real kind with such soft skin, sexy eyes, long hair, and then she was dressed like a school teacher but the exquisite type, u know, the kind you wished would have called you into the Principal's office and grabbed the paddle and span..It's a Sunday I can't be talking like that...yet!  So this girl was scintillating, and of course when I see or meet somebody of that nature, something was about to happen.  This was a dream so, I actually decided to make a move on this fine dame.  It's so amazing that the action of me getting my "Breath-O-Mite" spray out of my pocket seemingly didn't make the Director's Cut of this dream!  Anyway...so this gal is sitting at the table reading a newspaper, and I walked over across the room in a way that would make Bishop Don 'Magic'  Juan cry in joy, and you know began to...interact.  Don't know why I tell these stories so personal, but...it's just so embarrassing.  (Spoken with both my hands over my eyes!) 

I go over and somehow, I didn't even waste no time.  I knew she wasn't gonna fall for any lines.  So we got straight to the "Peanut Butter-Jelly Jam...Peanut Butter-Jelly Jam" of this situation.  I put my hand over the back of her chair, and leaned in front of her to her right.  I said, "Hi" or something.  And I think before she could even give a "Hey" or a "Get out here creep", which woulda been wild since she's was the one sitting next to a Cyber Mom at the kitchen table!  So I was getting it in with her..."You're so beautiful."..."I would love to...", just all the talk that you would hear in a Jackie Collins novel. I continue and tell her how she's dress so "fashionably"  This girl had on like a European top, in gold color, like a, how to describe it...It was like a Chanel jacket that looks like a 70s floor rug, but she had her cleavage covered up.  After I told her that, she said, "Fashion is my name."  Think she mentioned she was involved in the industry...Cool...Cool.

So after this perfect exhibition of "How To Get Your Dream Girl"...Ah,I gotta let that quote sink in a little bit!!...Ok, I'm back!  Following all that she responded to me...I ain't even gonna front, this girl threw tha kid all off.  She had the nerve to tell me, something to the effect, that "I would love to go out with you, but the crouch on your shorts are 2 inches off to the right."  So I'm like, "What tha..."  I look down at my shorts, which were like these white Nike Team USA basketball shorts that I have, and she was right.  But she brushed me off so slick, though.  Like she doesn't date guys who have their pants or shorts lined up right.  What?  She must really been a South Beach girl, to be so vain, and to pass up the greatest opportunity since the California Gold Rush of 1849, just because a dude couldn't get the ranks in his army lined up?  But one of my soldiers were lined up though!

I walk away shaking my head, and go into this other room where the Cyber Mom was laying on the couch.  And I don't know what happened, but shorty was sleep and next thing I know it she jumped up and like transformed.  It half was turned me on, like "Moms looks good when she's mad!"  The other 27% of me was like, "Where is tha nearest exit, cuz I gotta get Alfred Hitchcock outta here!"  And from there, I don't recall too much...the thing about this dream was that it was long, and even though it had all these crazy twists and turns, I really didn't want it to end.  When I actually woke up this morning, I felt kind of sad just like calling into a radio station that's looking for caller number ten and u hear, "Sorry, #9"  or like going to K-mart or Wal-mart looking for product u saw in the weekly ad, only to find the shelves bare naked, and a stick-up pad littered with "Rain Check" coupons.  One it's not even raining, and what good is this gonna do when bout time u get the item in stock, they're gonna have the new Iphone 9 out anyway!  So what's the use...

Our life is getting more beautiful by the minute.  I smell the roses...and for some reason we are starting to see them as well...

This diary is a way of giving a stem from our heart to yours...

Hope u like.

Austino Galaxia.

Oh, and here's Mr. Hughes poem, "A Dream Deferred".  One of my favorites as a kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment