Sunday, September 23, 2012

Two G's !!!

Oh, I love my Gucci backpack!  In due time, y'all!



We feel like writing a little bit so, we just gonna let it flow.  Boy, this rain down here in South Florida is wacky, homie!  It can alter ur plans a little bit...but, it's sumthin' u can't control, so u have 2 let it be.

So what's on our heart and mind right now?  Sometimes it seems like we've talked about every issue under the sun.  Heck...as we mentioned in our last diary post, hopefully u caught the hint, we got this book from the library on Ice-T, the rapper now turned aka Detective Odafin Tutuola on Law and Order:  SVU.  Some real life stuff being discussed in this autobio.  Talking about the gangsta lifestyle, along with wild stories of rapping, pimping, and acting, a very interesting read.  Especially since we know about a lot of people.   Its just interesting...I miss the good old days.  I banging this classic joint right now as I'm writing this, and I just wish we could sometimes take a time tunnel back.

U know, we talk a lot about the 80s and those banging Simpson (The TV show and "Tha Juice") filled 90s.  But u know what we slept on...the early years of the 2000s.  Oh boy, we had no idea what we would gonna write about, but I guess here we go...

Does anybody remember when those old cell phones used to have those Polytones?!!  Ha, Ha!  U remember there was no lyrics or even clear songs on ur phone, and u be walking around thinking u big time! I know I did...Shoot, when I got J.Lo's "Waiting for tonight"...and my phone gave me that, "Dadadadada...Da-Da-da...Da-Da-Da...Da-Da-Da...Da-Da"...Waiting for tonight, Ohhhh...U will be here... Ooops!  I forgot I'm not supposed to be singing!...But it was on.  And then when we got that beach banger from Busta and Janet...shoot, I'll still ask somebody, "What's It Gonna Be?!!"  I'm not even gonna get into the music thing, we'll save that "golden era" discussion for latter...maybe later in this post!

When 2000 was hitting u had those old America Online DVD's still coming in the mail.  Has anyone ever calculated how much money AOL spent to send those things to every household in the country?  They may a heck of a coaster for tha dinner table!  That was some wild stuff...Video games, oh yeah...The Sega Dreamcast.  That was a banger system, folks waiting outside for like weeks, just 2 get their hands on the first Grand Theft Auto game. I was still in my old school mode, I think I was playing my Tiger Electronic handheld games still, don't even remember, girl!  Whatever happen to those Gateway computers?  They still in business?  I think so, but u don't hear as much from them as u once did.  Folks be downloading music gangsta ghetto as heck, using Bearshare and Limewire.  (Woooow!!)  There wasn't any Ipods really, they just began to jump of, and they were so boxy and heavy.  Those small screens with the circle menu directory thingy...Oh, by the way...Wi-Fi?  What's that??  Oh boy, I was just excited to get things in color (i.e..- Cell phones, George Foreman Grills, and those patent leather Jordan XI's lows with the red shine.)

Speaking of fashion...this is why, I know I have the most stylish generation of all.  We still was rocking those popular US brands...I recall like Old Navy, being the 'ish'.  Like just about everybody had one of those Old Navy fleece pullovers (C'mon now, somebody knows what I'm talking about!)  Then u know Ralph Lauren and DKNY was expanding their labels with more affordable stuff.  RLX...DKNY Tech...Calvin Klein was getting it in still too...Girls were actually still wearing dresses to class, and were beginning to wear those Pam Anderson UGG boots (I still love that look with some farmgirl cut off jean shorts...two words...Drew...ling!!)  Folks were still big into sunglasses...My boys and me used to wear them in class....while the teacher's talking...like that was part of our outfit.  Hey, u got to fake it, til u make it, right?!!  Oh, and how can I forget those throwback jerseys that every guy had.  I had my share, but u talking about an hip-hop fashion statement. Aw, the good times.

U still had the WB network back then...Buffy was still going strong back then...while I was passing the time away watching Dark Angel, Cheaters,  Real World/Road Rules Challenges and MTV Cribs.  It was like TV was so simple back then.  Remember when the shows u actually would plan ur night around those shows!!  There was no DVR, VCR's were on their way out a little bit at least, so it would be like 11am in the morning, and u be thinking, "Ok, I gotta get my dinner in around 6 o'clock, but I gotta get to the spot cuz at 7pm The PJ's come on, but wait that coincides with the season premiere of Will & Grace, but man...World's Wildest Police Videos comes on as well?  Whatever...I hit them up, eat some pizza rolls, take me a quick nap, and then I watch Change of Heart or Loveline as I get dress to go out to party!!"

So were those old school court shows.  I know I wasn't the only one who like watched them all back in tha day?!!  Judge Mills Lane, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Hatchett, Judge Judy, and of course my dude, Judge Mathis.  Ew...what was that show where my guy was, the people earned like money...what was the name of it?  Oh My Gosh!!!  Freakin' Moral Court!!  That's old school for real!  Whew...yeah TV was wild...that was when Elisabeth Hasselbeck first joined The View and had the guys like, "Who's That Girl?!!"  Saturday Night Live was in my generational prime.  I still say that 25th season was arguably their best.  Just check out the list of hosts and performers for yourself!!  The TV shows of Soul Food and HBO's Oz had folks going in to work, ready to shank the first person who says "Hi!"

Then what about those foods...Burger King's Chicken Tender sandwhiches...Rally's/Checkers beginning to sell Chili...Olive Garden introducing that "All u can eat pasta deal" (I won't even go there!  Jenny u may have looked eerily like  Karolina Kurkova , but why couldn't us two work out?!!)...People were ordering sandwiches with no buns, due to the "No Carbs" faze...and yes, I've seen a burger box filled with nothing but meat, lettuce and tomato...The South Beach Diet...The Atkins Diet were coming to the forefront back then.  Wild on E!...that has nothing to do with food, but Brooke Burke just came to mind, that was another party type show.  Which kind of describes the attitude back then.

See from like 2000 to 2005 or so, folks was spen.....ding!!  I remember the first time I saw the inital BMW X3.  The first guy I saw rocking it, actually was a dude in college!  That just tells u...Navey's (Lincoln Navigators) and Caddy Escalade's were super popular, and of course they were sitting on those Kobe Bryant's...Although back then he was still wearing the #8, so that wouldn't necessarily look right on them thangs!!  Gas was, what...$1.95 or $2.20 maybe.  Toll booths were 40 cent each (That's a shout out to my Chicago/Rockford Illinois, peeps!!)  Just what happened...

There's so much I can get into, but I can't so let me just leave with a short list of other things, that really need more time.  Ok, Generation Y'ers, how much do u remember outta these:

- MTV's TRL
- Every song on the radio having a Neptunes beat to it!
- Cornrolls, Dreads and Twists being the "It" hairstyle of the brothas.
- "The Greatest Show on Turf"
- Lebron in High School, and D Wade in Marquette (I mean actually seen them play in those uniforms!!)
- "Teck" from the Real World:  Hawaii
- VH1's "I Love The 80's" series
- Craig David, Pink's Hair, Nellyville, and Luda with Dreads
- Spreewell's (If u gotta ask, then...)
- Mark Ecko, Iceberg with Disney characters, and FUBU "Fat Albert" collection
- Girls first getting that "Stamp" above their butt
- Going to Circuit City or Best Buy to get ur system hooked up.
- Borders bookstore looking like a club on Friday nights!
- Netscape
- A-Rod in Texas
- "Passing The Courvoisier"
- No Limit, G-Unit, Hot Boy$, and The Roc
- Calling Cards (If u get them from the hood, 5000 minutes for $5!!)
- "I See You!!", "Bet!", "Wifey", and "Whateva Man!"
- El Nino...West Nile...Swine Flu...SARS
- "Bennifer"
- The PS Two, The WWF to WWE
- No Gmail, No Twitter, and Facebook only available to college students

Oh, how I luv the 2G's!!!

Holla.
Austino Galaxia.




No comments:

Post a Comment