Thursday, September 20, 2012

An Early Thanksgiving.

I'm a turkey all year long!  


Your attitude during ur success determines how long it will lasts....

This must be our m.o. (What does that mean anyway, m.o.??")...ok, I never knew that, here's the definition of "M.O." ...but anyhowser, how we, and I'm speaking to myself here, how I act during the times of plenty will determine if 15 minutes can turn into a whole floor speech at the House of Representatives...When u go to the store and seemingly everything u want is on sale...when ur social life is jumping off...when u have money in ur pocket, and u can spend however u would like...and when the ultimate sign of wealth drops into ur lap...which is when u can fill up ur gas tank, all the way up past the "F" sign, and no longer have to put in just $11.87 at the pump, how will u react? C'mon now, like I'm the only one who has gone inside the gas station, oh, excuse me, if ur hitting up some on West Flagler or in tha hood, u go up to the window outside, and as the slide that metal drawer out, u pull out some cash and then hit 'em with that "Hold On", and u begin to count out some change u had left over from that 99 cent Mickey D's 6 piece nuggets u hit up on Monday, and begin to give the person what u have.  U know what, I just realized, why is it when u go to the club or a lounge or a discoteca, the bartender never gives u change back, like pennies?!!  Am I missing something? I don't drink mega-lot but, has anyone ever seen a Coyote Ugly give somebody $3.54 for a Fuzzy Navel??!! How do u act when this happens?

We've been saying it for years now, and will keep saying it until Bigfoot reappears in a dream to us, that life is all about having cool fun.  But in that fun, u sometimes can feel like ur...I don't know, like u can get a super-ego and feel like when things begin to click, that all of a sudden ur wishes become expectations, and u feel like something is owed.  I'm playing this one, no matter what.  Let this classic joint bang!!  That's where danger can happen...I know oh 2 well...

I think or I know that's the reason why some of the things have happened in our life.  It can be easy for us to get conceited and in some ways, in tha past, I think we did.  Walking into parties with beauties on both arms...I recall vividly being in college, and while other and even some of our friends are thinking about other typical growing pains, I'm looking out my window thinking, "My Prada T-shirt better get here in the next day or so, or there are gonna be prah...blems!"  I think the great Coach in the Sky, was like we have to make sure that ur ready in every facet for what life has to bring...or else, this kid is gonna be an handful.  I'm gonna give him the stars and the Galaxia, but first he has to taste the dust a few times...

When we say that whatever ur going through, makes u stronger...it does.  U learn to appreciate each moment, each day, each phone call, each "What's ur sign?"...all that because u know how quickly things can go Fat Albert "Hey, Hey, Hey" wire and u'll be just shaking ur head.  Our life has been such that we've really had to be tough.  I don't think people really realize how it feels to know they have what it takes to do something...or having to wait for "ur time" to come when u already feel like u've paid more ultimate prices than it takes...at least wait u think it takes.  Maybe something even better is in store for you, and u don't know it, and u just have to....

I talk a lot about relationships don't eye.  But u know what...Two things.  For one, that's what lasts in this thing called life.  U can't take all these toys with u, when they are playing "Taps."  As my Grandad used to say, "I've never seen a U-Haul on the back of a Hearse!"  And dos, as we've said before, this area of our life has tested us probably the most.  Isn't it like that...that u are gonna get tested the most in the area that means the most to you.  Now I can run to the sand and jump into the Atlantic Ocean off of that!  But I know it's true.  U begin a new diet, all the sweets u're trying to quit go on sale.  U get a beautiful baby girl, and make it official by adding that "In a relationship" status on Fcbook and stuff, next thing u know it, every dime piece it throwing the pudding at u like ur name is Bill Cosby!  U are doing well in class, and studying hard and being focused, next thing u know it, the upcoming weekends are filled with some of the best parties, and folks coming back for Homecoming, and all this stuff that can distract u from ur goal.  I say all this, cuz  we've been involved with much of it...and still are!  I mean, am I a party guy?  Depends how u define that...I love to have fun, interact, and just enjoy life.  I probably get that from my folks.  Hey, when they got married, they had the ceremony...the reception...and then an after party, at the house!  So I'm used to music, and people talking and being upstairs in my bedroom with my baby brother, and u hear that music going on downstairs and u have to go to the bathroom, but u know u better not go down them steps!  That's grown folks territory!  So u better get one of those Care Bears glow in the dark banks and make a deposit!  But that's what I mean, good times, and having fun...also, being aware of ur surroundings, and how others are living...

A unique meter Downtown Miami about Ending Homelessness.
Miami is such a great city filled with wealth everywhere.  I know nationally and internationally there's a lot of talk about my neighborhood of South Beach, but there's financial prosperity all over this city and South Florida.  On the Two-Face coin flip side, u have some much....we've talked about homelessness.  And I won't get into that again...but like I say, when u have a life of luxury...just right now, as I'm writing this I'm looking at six, yes, six unopened packages that came in the mail today from Amazon.com orders.  And we still have some on the way...But u just think about how somebody would do a cartwheel just to have a piece of mail come their way.  I mean at least have an address of residency to where they can at least get those weekly flyers with those  Sedano's  ads sandwiched between DirecTv and Dish Network pleas.  I used to be the mailman for the college I attended ( Go Rockford College!), so I know the power of the mail.  And for some people that little walk to the mailbox, makes their whole day.  Heck, I was driving on Sunset Drive today, at 5:25 am in the morning, and this bakery had a line outside waiting for it to open in 5 minutes already!  I've heard the food is good, but for some that little part of the day, makes their entire day.  U never know what a person is going through so u better treat everybody with respect...and to the flip side of that, u never know what a person is going through...u may think u are "Big Shot Bob" with two accounts in the bank...but in reality they are the ones who actually own the bank ur accounts are in!  U never know...

Being led to stop.  Hey...let's all just enjoy what we have, no matter what.  If it's a bowl of cereal for dinner, enjoy that.  I'm probably gonna eat pasta...again...but guess what, somebody would die to have the fridge and cupboard I have right now.  It's stocked with food....what I'm saying is just don't take the good times for granted.  Yes, that job gave u an offer.  Yes, that boy or girl u liked finally called u by ur name...Yes, ur driving ur car now, and no longer have to take the bus...Yes, u are taking the bus now, and no longer have to walk...Yes, u are walking now, but think about when u were on crutches...Be thankful.

I know we are.  We've been through a lot.  Now everything is coming our way.  I guess it's like the old saying...

It has to rain before the harvest.

But now that u have harvest...What are we gonna do and how are we gonna act with it?

Austino.

No comments:

Post a Comment