Monday, September 3, 2012

Noteworthy.

Notes of wisdom from the documentary, The Tents.


"Honing my craft..."

Oh, how I luv those epic three words.  We feel like we're gonna have a lot of fun with this one.  It's nothing more beautiful in life...well, maybe there are few things...I'm not trying to go there right now..but there's nothing more beautiful in life than someone who is passionate about their...craft.

Having a passion about ur Kraft, is more than clipping coupons from the Sunday edition of ur local newspaper, trying to save some cheese.  It's about...eye just got that myself, so u can laugh about that last sentence!!  But, it's about taking pride in who u are and slash or what u do.  I believe that ur craft can be more than just your occupation.  In some ways, it might not even have anything to do with what brings home the oink, oink!  It's tough to explain, but we're gonna do our best to write what we mean...

As of the last few days we've been seeing some great documentaries...from the fashion standpoint watching:   The September Issue, which spotlights a behind-the-scenes view of the most important issue of Vogue Magazine.  The film follows Ms. Anna Wintour, the head of the magazine....and the fashion globe it seems...wherever she goes showing how the issue is formed, and the thought process behind it.  Great stuff!

We also watched, Smash His Camera, which was a movie documentary about the famous "Paparazzo Superstar", Mr. Ron Galella.  He was a very well-known photographer, or member of the paparazzi, who has taken pictures of celebrities throughout the decades.  This movie showed the work, photos, and lengths, many of which were as controversial as Barbara Eden showing her bellybutton back in tha day on "I Dream of Jeannie".  By the way, am I the only one who thinks she's still hot at the age of 78?  I'm winking harder than a block of ice right now, hoping that she can reappear in my showroom and make...let me say this in my best Disney voice...cough, cough..."And...make...all...my wishes....come true!"  Yeah, sounds so soft and dreamy as I write this...Great movie though.  U know how I feel about celebrities and how I used to be borderline obsessed with following every gossip show that u can find.  No National Enquirer though...Ew!  I didn't get into that whole Roseanne secretly marrying Vanilla Ice and having a alien kid thing.  Not our swag, dude...but I do believe that both of them adopting a pony together.  I mean at least that's believable!!

Words to look up...I know I'm so geeky!
Speaking of some of our favorite celebrities and musicians...just found out that one of my favorite musicians and perhaps future baby mama, the jazz saxophonist Candy Dulfer is coming to Miami in December.  Now this could be wild.  Like flat out wild in the sense of I don't know what to do.  We've already mentioned that she's one of our all-time favorites, so now I'm trying to figure out how to stalk...I mean, meet this Dutch princess.  Once I found out she's coming to town, I immediately...let me see...ordered 12 dozen roses for her dressing room at the Arsht Center...found out where she's staying so I got purple rose pedals that are spread on her bed as I speak (She used to play with Prince...duh?!!)...Oh, and I got a picture of me holding my old Alto Sax in one hand, while cuffing a Cuban Sandwich in the other.  The picture has picture of stars "disco balling" around my photo, since we are Austino Galaxia!  Hopefully, she likes it...Just kidding, of course...Or are we!  Good Lord willing, we will be in the house that night.  I wonder if security is gonna be tight, cuz if not...let's just say, it might be a whole lot more than a saxophone getting blo...I can't say that. Let's move on!

This is small chat of things I must do.
People have asked me a lot "What are you writing?"  This doesn't happen while I'm jotting in this diary of course, but I have to admit.  I'm a note-taking geek.  What do I mean by this?  It means that as I read books, watching movies, TV shows, walking down the street, I luv to have either some paper, or our Whiteberry to write things down.  Just because I have a tenacity or habit or tendency, is what I trying to say, of either writing down things that I might forget, since it's so much that goes on inside our little head, and even our pet hamster who works so hard inside needs a break every once in a while.  No wonder I like trail mix nuts so much?!!!  Can u say...core...stick with me on this...core-a-lay-sion?  Shucks...it's correlation.  Oh well.  But also, there is so much wisdom that u can get from just the normal things in life.  People say the darnest things that have u just thinking...that's freakin' genius!  U see street signs, everything can be use as making ur stronger, gathering a look, learning about habits of the successful, or things that can be used by ur own motivation.  Humm...

That's why u see me writing.  Sometimes I have to write down what I need to pick up at a store.  Me going into a grocery store without some kind of list either physically, or electronically or mentally...blasphemous!  At least we have to have some kind of idea of what we need.  If not, my trip of going to Publix to get two boxes of oatmeal can turn quickly into me buying enough food to feed the Miami Beach Fire Rescue!  Has anyone else noticed how our beloved fire teams stock up on food?  I've got four words for you...A...Sight...To...See!  I have to avoid that, plus I need to save my money for more important issues like a lunch a Prime 112 or getting inside the club.  It just hit us, has anybody tried to pay their entrance inside of a club with pennies?!!  I mean, could u just imagine somebody hitting up LIV to see Tiesto this weekend, gets out in a new ride, and trying to pay their way in with like, I don't know, a thousand pennies?!! How much is that...Ooops!  That's only like $10, and u know that ain't gonna work up in there!  I can't even get a Chad Ochocinco Dolphins jersey for that now!  I won't get into that either...but that would be a great In Living Color skit for real!!  Wouldn't it?!!

That's is.  I have to get back to doing whatever we doing.  Check out the new musical playlist for this week. It's found to the right of our our homepage.  The first tab...This week is dedicated to songs in which I feel are perfect.  They are our songs, so don't hate!  But there's some good stuff there...and I sense that we might have some videos to go along with them later this week, so u can hear those tunes for urself, if u don't already have them.  Just sayin'...

Til next time...
Love and Fun.
Is there anything else to live for?

Austino Galaxia.



No comments:

Post a Comment