Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Marilyn of a Bargain.

Ms. Marilyn Monroe...True beauty is timeless.

Alright...Huh...this song by Ashlee Simpson called "Shadow" is kinda tough!  Listening to her Autobiography album right now...folks think we be joking around.  Music is serious to us.  It's not only a hobby, but truly a lifestyle dude.  It brings back moments or expresses how u feel at the moment.  Great stuff...

Where do we begin on this day.  Just have to let the fingers just write, and that could take us in so many places...Please drive careful...It's really becoming hazardous to a pimp's health out here on the road.  I was on US-1 the other day going north right in the Coral Gables area, and all we heard was a loud "screeeech powers" and we looked to our left and tha next thing we saw was these two cars literally crashing into each other bumper to bumper.  That wasn't cool.  One of the few times we've actually seen the impact of cars banging into each other.  Hopefully we won't see that kind of stuff again...just be careful.  And please, please, "Can a brotha get a turn signal?!!"  I may not do it all the time but u should!!  Just kidding, I'm not all that bad, but it's there so we all should use it...and use it correctly.

"Hello Summer!!  It's gonna be a good Summer!"  Thanx 2 Ms. P, for that shout out.  Summer is here, and everything is becoming new.  Our living, breathing showroom is going through some changes, and is gearing up for us to have it just like we want it.  I love Interior Design really.  One season it was "Luxury Dorm Room", another time we had it laid out like a "Fun Beach House" design.  We luv 2 hav fun (Can't U Tell!), and this change is nothing different.  We've been thinking about laying out our place like a "Sexy Hotel Room".  We've been researching some Miami hotels...it's amazing how dull some other places are with their hotel layouts.  (Los Angeles...cough, cough.)  But I love colors and contemporary style and design, mentioned that before, and I'll doubt that change.  So we are gonna do our best 2 hav our place laid out as if u're staying at Hotel Galaxia...that's kind of interesting to think about.  A hotel.  A place where u have all-u-can eat gourmet food, being cooked by ur private chef.  A place where the only channels on ur flat-screen TV are the Cartoon Network, ESPN, and BBC, as well as a special channel dedicated to showing nothing by old reruns of Ducktales, California Dreams, Dream Team, Kevin Hill and of course, The O.C.  U walk in and have our personally selected playlists on the stereo.  U can even request certain genres to be played...I could really keep going from the "Lover's Suite" to the "Party Suite" to the "Geek Palace", fully equipped with Wi-Fi, the newest pens from Bic, and a Mead Five-Star binder for just being a guest!!  It'll be off the chain!  U never know...

I reading a good book right now.  I can't speak 2 much on it, but I really feel like I can relate to this gentleman very well....we'll discuss who's it on later in time.  Here's a clue...It was written in 1965, and I'm reading the original copy.  That's it, let's move on.

Today, I had a chance to take another route through the city back over to our abode here in South Beach.  I went through Flagler Street alllll the way through Little Havana, Brickell, and Downtown, and other hoods...It began over in West Miami, because I wanted to hit up this Big Lots store over there, cuz they got some deals on some items I need.  I'm always looking for a spot.  I never forget this homegirl telling us, u need to go (She was talking about the one on Bird Road) to Big Lots.  Growing up in the Midwest, that used to be a staple back 'n' tha day.  So I took her up on it one day...Man...the next day or so, I was talking to her and was like, "U were right, girl!  I walked in there looking for some paper towels, and dag gone near walked outta there with an Air Conditioner!!"  No joke, true bro.  But I like this one I went to today a little better.  We were specifically looking for some home stuff for our HGTV project...found some stuff, and well as some other things like this book on the golfer Phil Mickelson, for literally 50 cents.  This dude is like a PGA legend...I just get so excited whenever I can dig through books looking for a deal.  I guess I get it from my folks where are like legends at all those Friends of the Library sales.  Moms is wild...heck, my Pops not too long ago was telling me about him finding all these CDs and how he was basically just arm-tackling CDs into his bag, the same way that Pollo Tropical used to dip that Styrofoam cup, and scoop out that white rice, and then get a knife and then carve off that excess rice top and then slam it into the bowl.  All with a smile, but with a business attitude of "I don't care if u come in here every single day, u ain't getting no more than 5.7 ounces of rice, and don't get it twisted I will spoon out tha bowl if I messed up!!"  So that's where my love of Music and Books come from...

But this Big Lots had some stuff, that I just had to get.  I found this mustard that "supposedly" be from the Nathan's Hot Dog company.  I know what u're thinking, bro, u taking it a little too far purchasing food products from this joint.  But I gotta try it, if Kobayashi could go like six years undefeated in Hot Dog eating contests...Hold on check out this dude's Wikipedia page, he's like a living legend...how come he don't have no reality show?!!  Food Network trippin' with that one...but for the price I had to get that mustard for my Turkey Burgers, which I will be creeping out to Publix, late night style while everybody's either getting ready for the club, or watching reruns of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.  As folks are trying to realize that plaid pants don't go with a turquoise polka-dot shirt, I'll be breaking them off on them Bubba Burgers and that BOGO pasta deal that got going!  I may where a suit, they do be some fine looking honeys shoppin...I mean, u never know who u see at tha grocery store late before closing hours.  Believe me, u'll be surprised!

Then Big Lots had this Vitamin Water on like 'super sale', and when I 'super sale' I mean these cats are selling VH2o's for like 35 cents...each.  I kid u not!  Now when I got home, I realized that when these bad boys expired King James was still crown-less and Ethan Hunt was still happily at a go with his wifey!  But I don't care, I'm just gonna get me one of these suckas, crack one of them open, and put Jackson Memorial Hospital on speakerphone as I take my first and hopefully not last gulp!  If anything happens to me, just know it was that Kevin Durant price and those bilboard ads of Jennifer Aniston that made me do it...and please when u sue them, just ask for 50 Cents!

But it's nothing like finding cheap bargains for things u find for regular price.  I was listening to this one financial adviser trying to help someone who living in New York for the first time on how to budget and live...and she mentioned about never buy anything retail price. That's really a good tip!  And in this day and age of online/discount/outlet shopping, it really is possible.  I think there ain't nothing worse in the world to have ur own little secret shop that only u and a few of ur homeboys or girls know about.  And then to see that place or restuarant in an article talking about how great it is.  You just wanna shout out, "Nooooo!!!"  That happened to me with one of my secret places in the Design District here in the MIA.  I used to hit up this joint on the low, I was in-cog-need to a tee...stepping out of the ride with sunglasses on, and looking around to make sure nobody saw me.  I don't know if I was getting my shop on or if I was hiding from the Repo Man, either way I was as unassuming as a dude walking around Victoria's Secret for three hours.  So I walked in the place, on a mission to find the good stuff.  Next thing I know it, all these people were up in here.  And all I could think was, "It's over...It's over." But that's how the cookie dough ice cream melts....sometimes u get the chunks, sometimes u just get the cream.  That is so much nosense that it actually makes sense!!  Oh boy...I gotta work on my metaphors and smiles.  (And hopefully u did if u got that!)

We out....let's just see where this all heads.
Just wanna have fun...that's it.
And we will...and make sure u do as well!

Galaxia.


No comments:

Post a Comment