Monday, July 9, 2012

Looking In The Mirror.

One of my all-time favorites...Check out Ms. Jigga's "Me, Myself & I"

The Look.

Those two words are so important when it comes to life down here in Miami, and in our hood of South Beach.  Bit by bit we've been fortunate and blessed to have our shift from season to season.  Sound like a collection from review from Vogue magazine, I know, but sometimes it's just that serious.  What is our look for this season upcoming?  That's a good question, we've been writing a little about it in our diary, what we want.  We don't have a look per se, but have a look inspired by different themes.  Does that make sense?

Our goal is to have our style look tha most upscale as possible without breaking the bank.  Our Stylists in the Sky have hooked us up with some awesome deals.  The other day, we go a pair of Giorgio Armani sunglasses, not Armani Exchange although those are nice, but the from the actual Italian collection, got a pair for literally like $17! (U read that right.)  Which is pretty good considering that the retail price is a cool $315.  Wowie!  But that's what it's all about...ultimate stylish items, authentic items, and all for the low low.

Went down to a few spots in the 'hood today.  I absolutely love shopping during the week, especially here in South Beach.  It's not too many places where u can wake up from a nap, and then walk out ur door to shopping paradise.  But when u go during the week, like around 6pm ish or so...u avoid the heat for one...u avoid the heat for two...u avoid the heat for three...ok, u get tha point.  But during the week, u don't have to be concerned with all the tourist traffic and stuff.  It's no big deal, but if u're a local living down here, it makes a difference and u feel the difference between the weekend and weekday.  For instance on today, we hit up H&M's pop tart store off of Meridian...Freakin' mesquito or something got me while I was out, this is ridiculous for real... I really enjoy their vibe.  I was just at the store up in Palm Beach like two weeks ago or so, and u can find some good, stylish looks for affordable prices.  This store is a little small, but I'm even surprised at the collection that they had, considering that it's a temporary location.  Let this be documented now...when tha main store opens up this Fall, it's gonna be out of control.  Just today, see this is what I'm talking about, I wouldn't hit them up on a weekend, I'll break them off, on a day like today in the late afternoon and evening.  El perfecto.

But yeah, when H&M takes over the old Lincoln Theater , I can only imagine how much traffic will be inside.  Hopefully they go South Beach style and stay open until like 11pm at night.  That will be cool, and what's better than going shopping before hitting up the club right?!!...also, stopped by Urban Outfitters...saw these great t-shirts featuring Farrah Fawcett on it (I should go back and get that one) and another one with Kelly Kapowski on it.  What's with us wearing pictures of girls on our chest?  But that's our style...we looking for pieces instead of just clothes.  Meaning right now we're not just buying items, but making investments in our closet.  U dig...Made a stop accross the street to hit up kidrobot, and found me a small token of Japan over there.  Like I said, u'll be surprised how u can live a luxurious life without going overboard on the dineros.  Just a mini-shopping trip on today...more's to follow.

The Look.

Everybody is seemingly is changing their's up.  From all these new hairstyles to facial hair...I guess the maverick look is in for men with all these old Civil War goatees...Thanks to Becks and some other Hollywood men...and stuff, heck I may get one...but it seems like the Summer of 2012 is turning into one where folks are like, "Enough is enough, and it's time for a change."  I never hate on that...whether it involves clothing, or hairstyles or just attitudes or diet adjustments, sometimes the smallest things can bring a new outlook on life.  U need to reinvent urself from time to time.  I know I do.  Just to keep the spice in life, cuz it can get dull real easy if u let it.  Somebody today was talking about all the things and neighborhoods u can experience in Miami, there are so many.  Talking about how some people don't want to expand their circles and experiences.  Believe me, I could go on for days about this, but it's true.  Seeing new things, meeting new people and learning more about life, is so fulfilling...but that is tough to find, people who are on that tip.  Please open up and do something different...do b scared!

One thing about living down here on Tha Beach, is that u don't even have to watch TV or read any fashion magazines to see what the trends are in fashion.  U just walk up and down Ocean Drive and Collins Ave. and it will speak for itself.  The Club Kid look is still popular...which is surprising cuz that look was so 2008 really.  The neon sunglasses and fitted hats with the bold colors in shorts and stuff,  folks are still rockin' it, which is fine if that's ur style. We never was really into that...the geek glasses were are thing awhile ago, but in our opinion, and this is just us, when everybody begins to rock a "look" then that "look" doesn't feel right to us to wear.  I.E.- "Black Reader Glasses", "Holey Jeans", "Skeleton Key as necklace", "Shirt half-tucked into jeans"...all these looks we used to dig, but that's the great thing about fashion.  Once something catches on u can move on and set ur own style...

Think I've talked enough, but there is one other thing that's been on our mind...and I don't know if I should write and get it off my chest now, or save it.  Tomorrow's not guaranteed so let me jot a little bit...

The NBA basketball off-season has confirmed a trend that we've been seeing as of late.  And that is that...Experience is beginning to be more attractive than ever.  Now what do you mean Austino?  For so long, almost since the end of time, folks, me included, pride in being young even though ur age may not show it, but physically, emotionally, and your level of enjoying life, makes u ageless.  It seems that being 30-something or even 40-something, is being celebrated, perhaps more than ever.  Just take a look around, and see all the people who are making the headlines, and u'll see what I mean.  I'm gonna tell u why I think there's been a shift.

I think that now, the "in thing" is to have peeps who are youthful, for their age, yet have the experience of life to know how to do...things.  Unfortunately, this is just our opinion, I feel that our world has gone to a point where mediocrity has become acceptable.  Walking on grass with no respect to the homeowner, Cussing inside of a Church, no more "Yes Ma'am or No Sir", answering cell phones while on an evening out with friends...so many things that when I was growing up, were so taboo, they've become like it's ok, when it isn't.  I've been guilty of some of those I just listed myself...The problem is that it shows up in the results...

So many times...heck today, I was at Fresh Market, and u feel like u have to pull a "What's up! or How u doin'?" out of the employee checking u out.  I say this, cuz I shop there a lot, and will continue to, but just as an example...U go into stores and walk around without anybody saying, "Do u need help or something?"...it can be disturbing...I know u sometimes may not like ur gig, or that u may have a Master's degree and are "stuck" flipping burgers, but u never know, u might just be in the middle of paying ur dues, before u hit it big. Maybe, starting from the bottom seems sucky right now, but later down the line u'll cherish it, realizing that u would have it no other way...

This is something that we've been dealing with for a long time.  I'm a right real, so stop reading if u have this image of what I should say, I gonna be real, cuz when we make it on the big stage, we want this diary to tell tha True Hollywood Story of how we felt at the time of going through the wooden ropes before the velvet ropes.  This is our diary so...

Sometimes u just have to go through it.  U wonder why u have to work holidays or working jobs that have u working past Midnight hours or work 'beneath' some of your so called skills and stuff, but u never know what u might need in the future to take u to another level, and also, to get a step on the next person...job wise.  That's why our sermon has been to "Have Fun" cuz when u have that mentality you are more willing to try out new things, hopefully legal beagle, and u yearn to see new places and talk to strangers at a bus stop.  U have to watch urself, just because, but u'll be surprise the kinds of stories a simple, "How is ur day?" can open up to.  Stories about living in Miami for decades or about the trials and tribulations of relationships, so many people have dropped knowledge into our love bank that even though we don't know their names their golden chicken nuggets have made an impact on us for life.

This is super important to know.  So as u realize that every moment could be a step into where...my Pops has a saying that says...

"You have to do what u need to do sometimes in order for you to do what u want to do."

It's true.  Is this too long tonight?  I apologize, but it's in our heart.  My brother and myself had a deep discussion about sacrifices not too long ago.  I remember when I was at college...during the Summer, I had the dream job of working at the Beach, which we talk about a lot in this diary, but what I don't talk about was our plan for that Summer.  Going into my Junior and definitely my Senior year Summers, I had one goal in mind really and that was to absolutely, without a doubt, be stacked.  And I'm 4 dag gone not talking about that old Pamela Anderson TV show either!  I'm talking about that cash, and more importantly enjoying my years of college, especially outside of the classroom.  I told folks that "every weekend I'm gonna be up"...EVERY!!  And when we do things, we do it big...I wanted that Trust Fund lifestyle...in college!  But with that, and  with just about everything, comes a certain level of sacrifice.  Talking to myself on that one....

Boy, Alexia can do up these Sweet Potato Tots for sure...So the thing was do I wanna go buck wild during the summer and spend boo-koo amounts of cash then, or live literally like a prince come the school year.  I chose to sacrifice the summer, and go for the gusto in the Fall.  It was difficult to hear stories of people taking trips hear or there or folks having bomb bon fire type parties at beach houses and stuff, but we had a mission.  And besides being in the ultimate basketball shape for the upcoming hoops season, we wanted to enjoy life, and not just be a book nerd during our college years.  The result was amazing really!  Me and a few of my boys were able to shop it up, take MAJOR trips on weekends, it was a huge rich boy lifestyle...able to eat out at will, when others had to fight over cafeteria meals.  I don't say that in a "holier than thou" way, hecky naw...but I say that in a sometimes u either have to choose to sacrifice or sometimes the sacrifice unseen is given to you, and the more u accept it, the more u'll get out of it, and the quicker u'll move on.

Just like in relationships...it always comes back to this doesn't it?  Like we said, that's one of the areas in which we've learned a lot, sometimes taught humbleness in, so we have to share anything that might help somebody else down the line, even if the stories make us look like a fool or a resident at the Playboy Mansion or whatever...Relationships are so give and take.  I hope somebody noticed the first word...Give.

Everything cannot be on your terms.  I've learned this recently that you have to be open, and realize that just because the Galaxia revolves around you, doesn't mean the world does. You have to understand the desires,  wants and even, schedules of other people.  With somebody who has an ego of JFK, Sr., that doesn't always click in.  Sometimes it's like...why am I saying all this, but...it can be like, calling somebody out tha blue and be like meet me at such and such, and actually expecting that person to drop what they are doing or even put aside other possible relationships just to make us "happy".  I have a such a Fortune 15 mindset, that sometimes I have to be more understanding of what that other person is going through, or how they might actually be working on a Friday night cuz it's the busiest night in their profession or what not.

When u consider the other party, things don't look so bad, and u just don't get so upset at certain things like u could or used to.  A guy should consider his doll when making plans, not just in terms of what to do, but in how would she feel if we do this or if I buy that.  That doesn't mean u shouldn't make the final decision but just being considerate can sometimes lead to u getting the desires of ur heart.  (Pause right there.)

It's true.  The more u give...the more u get.  If u tired of no one noticing u, say a kind word to a stranger and it'll come back to you...U want a pat on the back, give somebody else a pat on their back...or backside. (Smile).  I don't have everything figured out...life, money...love.  I'm just learning like everybody else constantly, and right when I think we got it, something else stirs our soul.  The thing is I still believe though.  I may not be as vibrant as I once was...I may wonder why does this person get billions and throw it away, when if I had that I'll...I may not even be as joyful when it comes to finding true love as I was, say, just three weeks ago...but that's ok, cuz I still believe.  Sometimes that's all u got...sometimes that's all u need. And if I can keep hope, put my Bayside High ego to the side, and maintain confidence then no matter what or who u have to go through to get to where ur dreams lie...

I understand this is what this diary is about.  Real talk from a perspective, I don't believe, seen where issues on the way, and episodes on the way...to success are being discussed real time.  Tonight was looong, but like I said, the retirement post could be right around the corner so I have to write while I have this special medium.  I say that cuz our life is close to where we want it to be.  Know I'm saying some personal thoughts about who we are, but that's who we are.  I can't be fake...I'm not gonna sugarcoat fun times or difficult times.

As long as there is still time on the clock you have a chance.  Remember that no matter what u're going through.  It may be just .3 seconds left on the clock, but it's still possible that u can win.  The only difference between a star and a superstar is...that a star thinks they can win against all odds.  While a superstar, no matter what they're facing, and even though people may call them crazy out their  mind, knows they can.  No matter what.  Sometimes u have to more than confident...and as of late, I'm learning you have to be...

Egotistically Confident.

Austino Galaxia.


No comments:

Post a Comment