Friday, July 6, 2012

In...Sight.

NBA Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy

So much to talk about,
On this steaming hot Summer day.
Today is just gonna be on of those posts,
Where I just may go every sorta way.

Right now our heart is content,
Knowing now what it takes 2 b tha best.
Their is a difference now though,
For I'm no longer sweating the tests.

I gotta write this as real as can be,
As usual, we aren't afraid from the start.
Dude we are about to straight up pour,
From this sexy picture called our heart.

Without any more delay,
It's about time to parlay.
About the things, and the people,
That have been on my mind...seemingly all day.

As we mentioned the other day,
My Hoops squad out west just got my dude.
Don't get it twisted, I still rep tha Heat,
They even pay my bills,
To do anything otherwise, would be so rude.

But yeah, them Lakers pulled the trigger,
One of my favorites in Mr. Steve Nash.
They had to give up a little, a few draft picks,
But for a MVP, it's worth the $3 Million cash.

I just heard a radio interview with him talking,
Just talking bout life, his motivation, and that elusive championship ring.
To hear him talk about preparation, and getting urself right,
It sounds like he's in it for more than a fling.

Then I read an article on him and the Black Mamba,
About how time can heal wounds.
Yes, circumstances change souls,
It can make anybody into a genius from a silly baffon!

The read was really awesome,
On so many points it touch home.
It brought back so many memories,
Like those old parties...that splashed a little foam.

I can relate to both pieces on so many levels,
Just knowing what u bring to the game.
Their is so much inside of us,
One day, I simply wanna be known by one name.

What I took away is that sometimes u just have to relax,
U know, and simply let things play out.
Just like on the basketball court,
Those who are truly the sexiest,
Need barely a whisper, and definitely not a shout.

If an athlete wins a championship,
Does that make him greater than thou?
What about all the successes that proceeded them,
The spotlight may have been low,
But they was still bringing that Boom Boom Pow!

Becoming fearless, and embracing the struggle,
That's all part of the success' winning style.
But is a person any less beautiful,
If they never walk down that white aisle?

I'm starting to realize that our life is different,
It's becoming more apparent each day.
Sometimes it feels like it's already been scripted,
Just in a super fun way.

Yep, I said it, did u expect anything different,
I just as consistent as the oak brook stream,
My goal in life,
And I guess in relationships as well,
Is for it to exceed any kind of dream.

Fun.  Fun.
I truly wish more folks just had that 3-letter word.
In life, the wind and rain may come,
But that's just so u can fly like a bird.

Now I can speak on that subject,
In many ways I've graduated Cum Laude,
Nights studying,
And just trying to make it through,
While my friends are kicking it on a Friday.

That's why we've been built up so much,
Our swagg is super-high, like K Weezy.
But when u know that training camp has been so difficult,
U're super confident,
And believe that the actual game will be breezy.

Things and people are coming into our life,
Almost like everyday like never before.
I used to sweat folks,
Facebook message people,
Now it's like they're actually knocking on my door.

When I look back, I can honestly say,
That my life has been a big blessing.
It's been a big salad,
U know it has the stuff u like,
But sometimes u drip on it some out-of-date expired dressing!

Yet, u still have to eat it, it is food,
And others would love to be in your shoes.
That's why I say hang in there,
Keep pushing,
Cuz just like the library u gotta pay ur dues.

If people could see what goes inside our mind,
O boy, I think they would really and truly flip.
Thoughts becoming a star,
Having the ultimate fun,
And which girl would make a great skinny dip.

I guess that's what makes us all unique,
It's like a Poker game of the soul and mind.
Some of us are Jokers, Diamonds...
If u're fortunate, u may get two-of-a kind.

It's not about the the cards you're dealt,
I'm learning it's all about the play.
One time u can win with a full house,
Another moment, that hand shows it ain't ur day.

This is where we're at in our life,
And now more than ever,
I'm ready to get wet.
As I said before I once thought I had an high standard,
But little did I know, that an even higher level is what I beget.

Does this all sound weird, if so, I'm sorry,
But sometimes my heart is so hard to tame.
We've been the world's best kept secret for a looong time,
Now what happens when u see nothing but my 'A' game.

That's why we should never doubt a person,
Not only their job, but in what they may become.
It's true, it ain't over til it's over, son,
Many times change comes with the power of one.

The difference between me right now,
And yesteryear is very slight.
But the change is so huge,
That it could make a pig take flight.

I used to care so much about pleasing people,
Or living to make someone else's day.
Don't get me wrong, that's awesome,
But what if the crowd is silent and they have nothing to say.

Anger, frustration, these emotions...
Oh, how they used to boil.
Sleepless nights, Cuss out sessions with ourself,
Wondering if life's bell will ever toil.

At this moment right now, it's like it hit us,
Snap!  Just like that.
That voice tells u "Just relax",
And sooner than later, u'll get ur crack.

This diary is so super personal,
I just hope all of us realize how special is this.
A goofy guy, with crazy experiences,
In this sea, I feel like the only fish.

That's ok though, we understand,
Perhaps that's what this has been all about.
In order to help others, or for you to grow personally,
U have to first live through the time of doubt.

Those days of looking in the mirror, seeing the future,
Knowing that one day that reflection will be on the cover of a magazine.
U don't think it's a question, u talk like it's a sure thing,
It's an amazing dream, based on sight unseen.

It's what we are waiting for, prepared for,
The world will very soon see.
They'll see what the Galaxia already knew,
Just then it's gonna be so magnetic, u won't ever want to flee.

I gotta get this off my chest right now, it's important,
As much as the sound to my ear.
On this road to success, if I don't say this,
That means I would've lost control of the steer.

This was not made in a selfish manner,
Or in a look at me now, meaning I told u so.
I could've said that stuff face-to-face,
But kids brag about the dough.

No, sir, this is about having something different,
Something that can make u think.
These few moments are to bring u to tha surface,
Definitely not to make u sink.

I don't care if u think I'm a snob, ultra-egotistical,
U know, a beach boy punk.
In a lot of ways u're probably right, straight up,
And I have hate if u speak that junk.

But I would say this, and please don't forget it,
Meaning, keep in ur heart wherever u go.
Our life is about living different,
I guess we have our own curvy flow.

Our dream still is to bring excitement and fun,
It may be for 5 minutes, but it'll be worth the wait.
If I'll do all this just to make someone think or smile,
One can only imagine what'll happen on a first date!

I had no intention of doing this,
But the Great Editor in Sky had other plans.
The music been playing for awhile,
Once was on the wall,
But guess what, now it's our turn to dance.

If u take nothing else away from this,
Let be not about Galaxia, but all about having fun.
We talk about it, write about it,
Just remember at the end of the day,
You only get one.

It's like a snowflake, falling down,
It's beauty is that not one is alike.
Have u ever tried catching one ur tougue?
It's indescribable, oh what a sight.

That's what life is, and if I'm a free trial for it,
I guess I've already been signed up.
My life was drafted to me, by a power higher than Uncle Sam,
For this Voice I could not duck.

As our life has increased, please,
Just don't be surprised.
U've seen what and who we are,
We've painted the most real picture,
All through our eyes.

I wish this feeling can last forever,
This is so good, I don't wanna stop.
But I got a feeling that it's time,
Enough's been said,
And our poetic balloon is about to pop.

Who knows if we'll ever do this again,
Each diary post is starting to look like the end.
Please don't cry, this is all something special,
Just cherish it,
Like we are,
A letter you need not send.

A title...oh yes.
The ultimate signage of something so unique.
Like a Picasso painting,
Or a Frank Gehry building,
Or a song with a Neptunes beat.

Yes, maybe this all won't ever come true.
But tell me, do u really believe that.
Somehow, someway,
The Galaxia will expand to a size so phat.

That's it, these final words are slowing down,
They are becoming like a lover so easy.
U begin to wanna get to the point,
And all the lines u use seem so cheesy.

With that, remember have fun,
Love, and just enjoy life every day and night.
That it, that's our title,
I still want a life that Outta,
But now more than ever our dream life is, and
As is this poem...simply...

In...sight.

Austino Galaxia...Period.







No comments:

Post a Comment