Monday, November 28, 2011

Talking To Me.

Ms. Interview herself....Barbara Walters

Today has been another special day.  Filled with tidbits that hit my soul, much of what I needed to hear.  Hear are some of the quotes I've heard today from several sources:

- "That's just how life goes."
- "Give God time."
- "Your season will come."
- "I can't change in others what has not changed in me."
- "God don't have you on their calendar."
- "Taking things that should have been a lifestyle and made it an event."
- "One day at a time."
- "Practice is not fun."
- "God does not have defeat in your plan."
- "You can't please them all."
- "Type A Personality"

So as u can see, so many various wisdom from all walks of life, religious, fam, bball coaches.  There's so much u learn by just listening and reading from other people.  I love it, cuz it makes you a better person, and definitely has made me a better person.  Just picked up two books from the library from one of my favorite childhood athletes and crushes, Gabrielle Reece, her book Big Girl In The Middle.  That should be super good hearing her story about being a female athlete and modeling and stuff.  Also, picked up Prince's 21 Nights book where supposedly you go behind the scenes with "the symbol man" on concerts, and his life.  The book is Art Basel Big, a true table topper, so I can't wait to gold experience that one.  

Warm day outside today, its easy getting spoiled by the weather down in Miami.  People out with no shirts on, athletic bras, on bikes...speaking of which, all these bicyclists riding on the sidewalk.  Almost getting outta control like 50 cent said, are people scared of the street.  Man...Getting ready for all this traffic down here.  Parties galore (should I make a cameo?).  The beach, is so unique.  The South Beach neighborhood is only 3.5 miles long.  That's real talk.  But within those boundaries it gets so...it's a fantasy world really.  I remember walking over to work out during the last Super Bowl down here like 2yrs ago, and I'm walking out to two blimps right outside my crib hovering the sky.  One of which, I put this on EVERYTHING, the Directv one, I felt was following me all the way over past Alton Road, and West Ave. all the way over to the Flamingo South Beach property.  That's real talk.  I took a picture, but lost it, cuz it was on one of my old cell phones.  But, the neighborhood is unique.  There's very few places in the world where you can walk  to the supermarket, clubs, dentist office, medical office, beach, gym, park, reastuarants, library, marina, church, schools, and great shopping spots. That's really unique.  I know a lot of people say this or that about the M.I.A, but I feel a lot depends also where u live in the city.  And what u do!!

I talk about L.A., but whenever I move out there, I hear the traffic is Crucial Conflict.  I feel like hearing this Do or Die with Kayne right now.  They say New York is jumping like jack, but I hear its so black/white/gray up there.  Which is alright, but I love living color.  Not doing no commercial for Miami tourism, but painting a picture to why its so unique and why so many around the world come to the city, and specifically my hood.

Anything else to write about...no girl stories today...gotta make a new episode for our YouTube Video Channel...tonight just gonna eat turkey burgers, wit fries.  I hope people eat turkey for more than just the holiday.  Turkey is a staple for us THROUGHOUT the year.  Less fat, more protein that regular beef.  Perdue Short Cuts  are mad awesome!  So flexible in what u can make with them.  They say you are what you eat.  Organic is cool too, but there are some things out there that are comparable to organic stuff.

I'm such a big geek when it comes to food and what's in the food.  At Publix, I just study basically these labels, from condiments, to cereal boxes to different meats, heck today I was glancing over the type of milks. I was like they don't have my 1% low fat, so do I get the 2% kind with 5 grams of fat per serving, or just get the fat free which both has 9 grams of protein in it.  I shouldn't even be saying all this, but I guess this is an insight to how crazy I am on food.  I'm still puzzled on why Target got rid of the whole wheat extra cheese pizza.  Low fat, whole wheat, good protein, it was a sleeper meal, 2 meals at least and a great pre-workout dish.  One thing about "diets" and workouts is everybody's body is so different.  Everybody's!!!  I know some of my limits:  fried food, red meat, high sugar, strong sodium content, I can't really eat that or I'll be a pimple drained dude.  Some people can and workout and be straight.  But it's funny cuz the EXACT moment I put something of that nature in tha tank, my body feels so weird.  It's like putting 87 octane gas in a 93 octane Vespa scooter tank.  From experience, I can tell u, it ain't a pretty sight.

Food is wild though.  I love to try new things under the guidelines.  I was dabbling trying some new stuff, which was cool under the circumstances.  My face didn't break out or anything.  I have sensitive skin, so people joke when I don' t really eat strong sweets like cake and stuff like I used to.  I still love Funfetti White frosting cake, but I drink like an insane amount of water to even out the sugar content.  I'm particular, but I know some folks are even more crazy with teaspoons of stuff, and measuring calorie content like it went outta style.  Do what u gotta do to feel and look good.  Feel is the first priority.

I'm done telling of my insane eating habits.  You will notice the difference.  More energy.  People laugh when I say I take children's vitamins.  Flintstone type tablets, I'm telling u, you will feel the difference.  Started in high school, cuz I was feeling so tired,  years later still like em, plus if you read the label u'll find much power u need.  I like the complete and extra vitamin c kind of them or a generic brand.  The word of the moment is preservation   We only have one body, might as well try to take care of it.  Might as well....

Austino.

No comments:

Post a Comment