Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fighting Through This...


Another interesting day...boy as of late, I'm kinda tired of saying that.  But, that comes with the territory...Has anyone just felt like everything in life just turns on u in an instant.  Its like you just buy a new Mercedes SLR McLaren and then outta nowhere it just shuts down at a stoplight for no apparent reason.  Your thinking like, what the Eamon is going on?  You happy one moment, then ur scrapping like Scoopy-Doo's nephew the next.  Learning that's what Life is all about but still u wonder u know...Why does all these strange occurrences happen?  Am I doing something wrong?  Why is it that when u expecting to get paid for your hard work, the check doesn't arrive when it should?  Or why do u feel the "hate" in the air, when all u trying to do is have fun?  Is that a sin?  Is that egotistical?  You would think that someone would be attracted to such positivity but why do u feel like it repels so much.  Two songs come to mind as I right this.  Fitty's classic...and this classic jam by J. K-I-Double himself.  I'm gonna write til it's all off my chest tonight.  This is personal.  One day, without a shadow of a doubt in our mind, these diary entries are gonna become something of lure.  Half comedic, all real, 1/3 psychological study, 100 % historic.  Just know it...

But yea, it's Gnarls Barkley out here, not just for me, but for EVERYBODY...maybe I'm just don't give a balley-hoo about admitting it.  I remember that dude K Whizzy once said that,"the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem".  That has some truth to it...I'm gonna tell u why...when u have some clout or money, sometimes u 4get what got u there u know and start to live according to the hype.  For example, people may say ur the ultimate party dude, so even though u feel like staying in for the night, u feel like u have to live up to that reputation and show up even though u rather be chilling at the crib wishing TBS was showing "What Women Want" with Mel Gibson!  Then u go into the bathroom at the club or whatever thinking like, "What am I doing up in here?  If I go home then they'll think this or that" This is real talk.  Or how about if someone, boy or girl, says man u're such an awesome dresser.  So that may go to your head, and as u're looking in ur closet deciding what to put on that day, u actually end up overdressing by not going to how u feel and going how u think someone expects u to look.  Dressing in a suit to impress somebody and then the person who u trying to impress doesn't even show up to the event and u thinking heck I shoulda just threw on my Hanes tee with my Levi's.   I know I'm right about it....Let me also pause here to say that my diary is filled with some strong experiences and opinions, and in no wise do I feel like I got this thang called life figured out.  Trust me if I did I wouldn't be writing this right now at 9:24pm on this Saturday night.   I would probably be planning to go to my home in Newport Beach, California, with an interest of finding the nearest In-N-Out Burger and wondering where I should hit up on Sunset Bulley.  Wherever I go, no matter how much scrilla I have, I still can't say I'll be doing this though....

I say it once, and I'll say it again, this is our diary in which we say what's really going on in our life.  Been doing it for 10 plus years via hard copies of notebooks, composite books as such, now it's just online.  As I said before it's oh so cool to read autobiographies and biographies.  I got like five lined up from the library now in my place:
- Jerry West by Roland Lazenby
- Growing Up Laughing by Marlo Thomas (Laughter always wins)
- Beyond Belief by Josh Hamilton (Rangers gonna clinch tonite?)
- Sex, Love and Fashion by Bruce Hulse (Real behind the runway talk)
- Safe at Home by Alyssa Milano (That should be interesting from her perspective)

Those type of books are what we are into.  But with my diary and blog, I feel like this is different.  Those who have become successful usually write those books AFTER they have become a #trend in their field of choice. But what about during the process when God tries u through ur struggles.  Wouldn't u like to hear what Denzel Washington really thought on his first audition?  Or when Frank Gehry was designing the Gehry House or heck even the New World Symphony Center down here in Miami Beach, what was going through the gent's mind?  That's what's missing in life...we see the end result but we don't see the nights sleeping on the floor with no furniture or eating roman noodles for a week straight just so u can afford a headshot for a model portfolio or looking at ur Citibank account and see like $2.55 in it and wondering how u can get through the upcoming days til payday.  Why not tell the story on the way to the top, in real time...deep stuff but true.  And we all have a story.

My boy is pictured up above.  One of my favorite boxers of all time..Prince Naseem Hamed.  One of the few, actually one of three people, I'll actually call "the champ".  (Roy Jones Jr. and my dude Jeff Ferrell are the others)  It doesn't matter if he was a European Arab or that he's Muslim.  Labels are just that... labels.  I think I'm part European anyway...that junk don't matter.  The Prince was the best really, swag mixed with showmanship with skill.  They said he was unorthodox in his methods but that's what made him unique.  How is a black Vera Wong dress at a cocktail party sexy if all the girls have it on?! Prince Naseem came to the ring like no other.  Larry Merchant once said, "That all champions have an egos...but if ego was a crime, the Prince would be on Death Row!"  I like that a lot.  I tell u why because u have to have egotistical confidence in God, urself, ur teammates, ur spouse/mate that even when things are looking Grey's Anatomy, someway, somehow things are gonna turn into ur favor.  I'm learning, with an -ing, that u just have to believe.  Especially when NO ONE else is around to give u a pep talk.  Only you know what u can accomplish in this life when u put ur mind to it.  Times will come when so call friends will disappear, jobs may turn on you, or even that boy/girl who u liked may not share those same feelings.  But u know what, I've learned that "that's ok".  It makes even more of a fighter of sorts.  Thanks Prince...I needed to see the skill, I needed to see the dances, more than ever I needed to see the swag.  Faith is what its all about, but there are those times where it'll just be nice to see a visual.  Seeing is believing to some...pretty confident, that one day...oh yes, one day someone else will finally see as well.

Austino.

No comments:

Post a Comment