Friday, September 16, 2011

Me and My Grey Ghost: Lesson # 2

Lesson # 2:  It's OK to take a red light...or two...or three!!

This is a tough lesson to comprehend, for myself especially.  In a world in which everyone wants to take that John Legend  "Green Light", I'm learning even right at this moment,  that it's alright to hit a red light.  Life can present us all with many opportunities to make certain choices.  Sometimes the road which we chose can be filled with red lights which pop up out of nowhere.  I smell an example...

Part of my daily commute, involved riding on Biscayne Blvd., straight through the downtown area here in the Magic City.  I remember one particular trip in particular.  I was going south on Biscayne Blvd. and I literally hit EVERY RED light from right in front of American Airlines Arena to the one in front of Bayside Mall to them ALL.  Now, I've ridden down the street before, so much that I know the rhythm of the street including potholes and everything.  But this was ridiculous and my frustration was about to hit an all time heat index.  To make matters worse,  I knew what laid ahead.  Traffic can become so sick through Brickell (the financial district of Miami) as well as through other cool neighborhoods as Coconut Grove and Viscaya, as I make my voyage to the "thug town" known as Coral Gables.  So, I knew this foolishness was making me late.  And it wasn't just an, "Oh, here's a red light..".  Heckee naw...it was consistently those lights where you know you about to pass on a green then like "boom" it suddenly turns red and you about to fly over the handle grips of the ride.  That's was the case...



So while I sat at the light trying not to lose my mind, thinking, "I can't believe this..." ,a funny thing happened.  I took off on the green light and.... never stopped again basically til I reached my destination.  I mean I hit EVERY GREEN LIGHT for the rest of the trip.  Later on in the day, I thought upon some personal issues and was like I can learn from this.  Big time! In life, I at times get mad when I hit red lights, even when others are getting the light or maybe they are even running them.  But by hitting a red light it may prevent an accident, harder traffic patterns, prevention from getting drenched in the rain, you never know, absolutely never know.  So when strange things happen and it just looks like life is diggin' on you ...relax.  A red light to will help you hit all the green ones after that.  (note to self on that) I'll take one red light compared to 10 green ones everyday.  And you never know, that red light might be made special just for you.

Austino.

No comments:

Post a Comment