Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Galaxia's Greatest Games: A Staples Miracle!


Boy, I'll never forget this one.  The year was 2002...December to be exact.  I was in an hotel room, preparing for a road basketball game with my team Rockford College.  This Friday night matched the Dallas Mavericks vs. the Los Angeles Lakers.  That Mavs team was the best one I seen from Dallas, and that includes this year's Championship team and the '06 team.  Steve Nash was wearing the jersey I used to lust after, Dirk Nowitzki was rockin' that German playboy hair look, Mike Finley, LaFrentz, Van Exel was handling tha rock, and even Walt "The Wizard aka Mr. 3" Williams were on this tough team.  The Lakers were coming off of the third consecutive championship but they still had the Phil Jackson at the helm.  The Big Diesel was Shaq Diesel.  And Kobe was still in a grove wearing one-legged stockings and SE J's.

The Lakers were down by as much as 30 and 27 points going into the 4th quarter.  But....next thing you know...How about this, folks,  a special edition of Galaxia's Greatest Games.  Here are all four parts of this historic game.  Am I allowed to say, "I Love LA"?!!!  That's your cue Randy Newman, hit it!


Game:  Friday, Dec. 6th, 2002, Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Lakers
1
Click below to view the 4th quarter of the MUST SEE CLASSIC:


Enjoy,
Austino.


No comments:

Post a Comment