Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fixin' A Real Prize Bout!

(Sound from TV set)

"You seem to be unstoppable, and are climbing the ranks of this Middleweight division of boxing with ferocity.  But the critics have claimed that there is just one other fighter that you seem to be dodging and who we all know will give you the most trouble.  I know who it is...You know who it is...Can you handle..."

(Zap!!  TV goes off...)

I'm just so sick and tired of these critics and these people showing tha same clip over and over again.  I knew that sooner or later us two would meet.  I just knew it.  I mean, I want to be tha best.  I am the best.  And I take on all comers.  Sometimes it just seems like no matter what you do, it just ain't good enough.  It's always like...I don't know.  I just know that one day people will know...they just will know.  Whatever, I got to go and meet my trainer at the gym to break a sweat for a pre-fight workout.  Where's my...bag...let me see, got my pad lock, just in case people wanna steal something...Let's go Air Max's on today.  Still can't believe that I'm working out sweating in $175 shoes, we have a cool life I guess...Let's go blue Nike shorts, Grey Dri-Fit top, and where's my...how about tha Nike black long sleeve.  The hot guys always wear long sleeves when they work out.  Beckham, Kobe, me...I gotta laugh at that.  Now get my Michigan Fab Five black socks, and I'm just about ready to go.  Got that Word of the Day, keys, time to go to work.  Let me lock up...Ooops, I almost forgot, I need some music to take...Let's go different on today, how about the first album from Danity Kane.  This is a good album, they need to get back together.  Aundrea needs to holla at me, for real...Anyways, got everything, let me lock up.

(Click, Click)

This apartment building seems so different since the fumigated the joint the other day.  I know how bugs and pests can get folks rattled up. I remember working at tha beach and having like 1,000 flies like shore up on tha sands of Lake Michigan.  U talking about a real-life Hitchcock movie!  Not cool.  It's so humid out here in South Beach.  Where did I park?...Oh, Yeah.  I'm so fortunate and blessed to have my guy hook me up on my flat tire.  U run over so much down here in Miami.  I ran over a nail, but on any given day it can be a nail, a piece of glass, or even bones from a chicken wing, it's crazy.  But my dude hooked me up for free.  I just can't tell nobody that.  Here we go.  Open...Wait, is that the Miami New Times, "Best of" issue?  Whatever, if I'm not in there, then it ain't a real list anyhow...Put in Danity, plug up my phone, and were off...

Let's see got a text from my homey Billy Boy...

"2 of first 3 songs played during band intermission?  On spring jams volume 14, Holla!"

That's my guy for real, as well as the rest of my college guys, aka "Tha Dynasty".  For 13 years we've been doing these Spring Jams compilation CDs.  They got so many classics from Pop and R &B...and the one hit wonders, O man!   The other day I was singing "Every woman needs there own Splackavellie".  When was the last time u heard that one!  Spring Jams is special, I wonder if that Kylie "Timebomb" made the cut?  I know that Miguel's "Adorn" is on there.  That's my Aunt's song right there!  A slept on classic...


Op...there's tha boss, right here.  Hello...Uh-huh...I'm on my way.  I know I'm a little late, but yesterday was wild.  Ripping and running over in Doral.  Then shopping for home stuff.  Getting home and cleaning up and rearranging my place for 4 hours...I know, but listen...then I had wash my car, buy all this food, and then wash clothes, girl I was tired.  I'm like 2 minutes away.  (Beep.)

People always think I'm crazy for having a female as my trainer but I wanted to be different.  People always give me grief that I just wanted something to look at.  But Stacia is a diamond in the rough, for real.  She trains me hard, and she trains hard herself, so I want the best.  I don't care if the best is a chick or whatever. Finally, we're here.  Nobody's here, which is the way I like it.  We got the whole place to ourself.

(Door shuts)

Ahhhh...I love that gym smell.  Somebody needs to cut the lights on...

(Click!)  

What up, Stacia!  What's going o...

'Don't give me that!  Tonight you have the biggest fight of your career, and you're messing around?'

Ho...Ho...Ho....Hold on.  Just what are you talking about?

'Somebody told me that you were messing with a housekeeper at a hotel these last few days...U know you need your rest...Please explain..'

Look, I just needed a few days to get my head right.  I did some running around up North checking out some movies like Now You See Me and Fast and Furious 6, and did some vintage store shopping in Broward County.  I didn't even stop by the Salvation Army to holla at Monique.  You told me that I need to leave the girls alone...so I did.  Anyways, after going here and there, I came back to the hotel I checked into eariler.  Little did I know that I would arrive at tha same time as the housekeeper was cleaning my room...And..

'Keep going..'

So it was mad awkward.  I walked in, and she was in my room cleaning up.  Look, Stacia, I didn't even really talk to her.  Just helped her make up my bed....I mean she told me she didn't speak any English, so...I just chilled as she continued to clean the place up, nothing happened, I promise!

'And what about when you left to check out.'

What do you mean?

'I mean you and her didn't have a little "Love you long time" moment?'

First off, she came at me.  I was just minding my own business, and for some reason she began out-of-the-blue, to talk English to me, asking if I was about to "Check Out" and began to smile in a friendly way, and all that...

'Whatever.  Enough.  Here's what we are gonna do today.'

10 push-ups...Front Lunge with 4lb. ball...Calf Raise...Front Lunge...Calf Raise with 4lb. ball...Side Lunge...Rocky One Arm Push-Ups on 4lb. ball...Count to 7....Rocky One Arm Push-up...Wait a minute, Stacia.  This is...Hanging Leg Extensions (x4)....Stacia, this is a regular workout.  We can't be doing this?  We have a fight tonight.

'I know. (Looking Down)  There's been some changes for tonight.'

Changes like you wanna kill me before...

'Either I kill you, or somebody else will.'

Can you please tell me what's going on?

'Well...I was approached last night, by these guys.  Now before you get all riled up, let me explain.  Before I met you, I used to have a wild reputation for being one of those South Beach party girls who go out all the time, and figure like you have to party to live, and you live to party.'


'Trust me, I know you do.  Louis V. bag...Gucci sandals...Cinnamon Tan...I know too well.  But as I was sowing my wild oats so to speak, I met a few...people on the scene.  We would go to Vegas or Toronto just on a whelm.  It was a lot of fun, but one night I got kind of too tipsy on those trips and I slept with this one guy...Anyways, this guy and his friend came up to me, as I was eating at The Face up north in Hollywood, Florida and they told me that....that...'

That what, Stacia?

'That if you didn't throw the fight, then they were gonna tell the tabloids what happened between me and them...(Sniffles)...and how they were gonna embarrass me, and show tapes...and...(Sniffles).  Austino, I'm so...so sorry, to have to put you in the middle of this.  But...I just knew that night would come back to haunt me..'

So let me get this straight, I'm in the biggest fight of my life, and you want me to throw it?  And ruin my career that I've so hard, against the one opponent that I've been in some ways, fighting my Ego against my entire life.  Against the one opponent that everybody keep telling me that is bigger than me, and against the opponent that people tell me that a loss against would actually do me good?  I mean...I mean...I don't need this right now.  Not from them....and not from you!  

'Just think about it...Just think...about it.'


(Later That Night Inside the Locker Room)

Yeah, that's good!  Do the same to my right one...Yeah...tape them up real tight, I'm gonna knock this cat into the next Galaxy for real! (Group Laughter) And then Fed-Ex his teeth through the stars!  (Ha...Ha...Ha...!)  Then I'm gonna hit him so hard the moon is gonna cry! (Ha ha!  Ha ha!!)  Then Saturn's gonna take off her ring and toss...

'THAT'S ENOUGH!!  Alright, everybody out, I need some time alone with..."Tha Future Champ."  Out!!...So have you thought about what I told you earlier?'

I have.  I have done so much for girls over the years...Lunch on Miracle Mile...Played 'Wing Man' for unwanted attention...Bought them full blown days at the Spa...But this, Stacia.  This stunt right here, is ridiculous, for real.  The only reason, I will put my grand reputation on the line, and will disrespect the game of boxing is for two reasons...

'What's that?'

One is for you.

'And the other?'

I want your cousin...Angel.

'Angelica Julia Guiterrez??'

Yep.  I want the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

'So, you are willing to go through all this, just for her.'

Whatever it takes.  Sounds stupid doesn't it?

'I can do that.  Consider it done.  I promise.'

So what do I have to do.

'Well, these guys have told me that you have to take a dive, 1:43 seconds into the first round.'

Alright.

'I love you!  I really do!  And I'll make do with my promise with Angel, alright.'

(I won't deny it / I'm a stright ridah / You don't wanna...)

'Okay!! U picked 'Pac as your entrance theme music.  That's so you!   I guess that means it's time to go.'

I guess so.

(Walking down the hall into the arena)

"Knock him out Galaxia!"

"You rule Austino!!"

"Over here, I Love You!!"

'Stay Focus.'

I will.

(Entering the Ropes)

Where are they at?  (Said bouncing up and down)

'They are over there behind the ring girls.'

How did you get involved..with them?  (Sis-Sis!....Sis-Sis-Sis!)

'Hey, you'll be surpised what you do when u're under the influence of Nuvo and Barcardi all night.  Besides, they are a lot more dangerous than you think.'

(Ding, Ding, Ding!)

'Here we go.'

Yeah...Here we go.

(LADIES AND GENTLEMAN...NOW THE MAIN EVENT...FOR THE UNDISPUTED MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD...IN THIS CORNER...)

Does he know about tha fix?

'He knows.  He's gonna hit you with a combo to the body, then an uppercut to your head.  And that will be that.'  

(AND IN THIS CORNER, WITH AN UNDEFEATED RECORD, BORN FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE STARS, WITH THE MOON AND THE SUN AS HIS PARENTS...AUSTI...NOOO...GA...LAX...SEE-YA!!)

They kind of over exaggerated that a little bit didn't they?  I mean can you say, "Pressure!!"  (Sis-Sis!  Sis-Sis-Sis!!)

'Hey just roll with it, you're in the big time now!'

Mills Lane's refereeing this bout?  Last time I saw him was like on MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch!  

(ALRIGHT GENTLEMAN, I TALKED TO YOU IN YOUR LOCKER ROOM.  YOU FIGHT A GOOD FIGHT, I'LL CALL A GOOD FIGHT.  IF YOU FIGHT A BAD FIGHT, I'M STILL GONNA CALL A GOOD FIGHT.  NOW GENTLEMAN...TOUCH GLOVES...AND....'LET'S GET 'EM ON!!!)

'Remember...1:43 seconds in...A combo to the body, and an uppercut, alright.  Make it look real.  Got it...GOT IT!!'

Yeah.

(Ding!)

(Sis-Sis!  Sis!...Sis-Sis-Sis!....Sis!)

'Move your body, Galaxia!  Duck and move!'

(Sis-Sis!...Sis-Sis-Sis-Sis!)

'Hold him, Galaxia!'

(ALRIGHT, YOU VARMINT'S STOP HOLDING.  BREAK IT UP! BREAK IT UP!  NOW FIGHT!)

(Sis!.....Sis!)

(DAP GIMMIT! BREAK IT UP! STOP HOLDING! FIGHT!)

(Sis-Sis-Sis-Sis!...Sis-Sis-Sis-Sis!)

Oh...@#&$ !!

'NOW!'

(Sis! Sis! Sis!...Boom!)

1....2.....3....4....

'GET UP GALAXIA!  COME ON, GET UP...!!'

...5....6...7...8......9....

(IT'S OVER!  FIGHT'S OVER!)

'Baby, are you alright?  Are you alright?!!'

You didn't say it was gonna hurt that hard.  (Whispering.)

'It always hurts.  No matter what, somebody always is gonna get hurt.'

How did I do?

'Stay down for a few more minutes until the stretcher comes out....'

(IS HE GONNA BE ALRIGHT STACIA?)

'He should be, Mills...he should be.'

(I NEVER THOUGHT HE WOULD GO OUT LIKE THIS...AND SO DARN FAST...)

'Yeah...life is crazy, ain't it?...Alright honey...he comes the Paramedics, stick to the script...Thanks again.  Nobody would do all this for me...before you go, look at who decided to show up...'

Angel?


(Woke up out of sleep!


(Huff!...Huff!...Huff!...Gulp!...Huff!!)

I guess in this fight... 
...It's best to let Patience win after all.



Wink!
Austino Galaxia.















No comments:

Post a Comment